This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q1 2010 RadWindow Alert

13 Answers 341 Views
Window
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
John Morris
Top achievements
Rank 1
John Morris asked on 16 Apr 2010, 05:49 AM
I'm confused how to fix this issue.  I upgraded to Q1 and my alerts have changed dramatically and error out.  Take a look at the old alert vs. the new.  I didn't change anything code-wise; I simply do an Alert.  I'm assuming the image error is the fact that the triangle exclamation image is missing.

Do you have any idea how I can resolve?

13 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Konstantina
Telerik team
answered on 21 Apr 2010, 12:29 PM
Hi John,

Thank you for contacting us.

You have 2 ways of removing the ScrollBar:
1. Applying a custom style for the Alert, which uses as base the default style and in which the ScrollBar is removed.
2. Setting as content of the Alert a TextBlock with TextWrapping property set to Wrap.
Attached you will find a sample project in which these two approaches is illustrated.

If you need further assistance please let us know.

Regards,
Konstantina
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
John Morris
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Apr 2010, 05:31 PM
Thank you for your response.  My problem seems to be with the default triangle image.  On your project, I can run it without the style and the image shows correctly.  In my project (same *.Controls and *.Controls.Navigation references) it seems it cannot find the alert icon and displays this error.  You can see how it displays in the "new" image I posted previously.

Line: 56
Error: Unhandled Error in Silverlight 2 Application ClientBin/NBA5_2.xap
Code: 4001    
Category: ImageError       

This started happening after upgrading to Q1 2010 sp1.

Any ideas?  Thank you.

Konstantina
Telerik team
answered on 22 Apr 2010, 12:28 PM
Hi John,

Could you please check again the version of your assemblies? Also, are you using a custom theme?
Attached I am sending you a screenshot in which in Reflector it can be observed that the icon is at the right place. Could you please also try if you are experiencing the same issue with the other Dialogs - Confirm and Prompt?

Looking forward to your reply.

All the best,
Konstantina
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
John Morris
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Apr 2010, 06:15 PM
Thank you for your help Konstantina.

My *.Controls & *.Controls.Navigation assembly versions are both 2010.1.309.1030.

I checked and the icon is in the assembly (reflector).  No problem there.

Prompt and Confirm both have the same issue.  

I created a sample project but cannot reproduce my error.  It displays correctly every time.

This is obviously something I am doing incorrectly in my project.  The fact that adding your style in the xaml has no bearing on the RadWindow.Alert makes me think I have some overriding theme but I'm not familiar enough with XAML to figure out where that might be.  I've searched the entire project for "theme" and found nothing.

If you have any troubleshooting ideas, I'd love to hear them, but if not, no worries.

I'm going to use the System.Windows.Browser.HtmlPage.Window.Alert for now,
Konstantina
Telerik team
answered on 27 Apr 2010, 12:23 PM
Hi John,

Thank you for contacting us.

If you can send us your project simplified so that we can run and debug it here locally we will be able to assist you in finding the issue.
Also, which Silverlight version are you using?

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Konstantina
the Telerik team

DrInvincibilis
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Apr 2010, 11:11 AM
Hello,
   I have similiar issue with RadWindow.Alert. Whichever method overload I use it does not display icon on the left side. However the sample project you provided works fine. Did you find any solutions?

Regards
John Morris
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Apr 2010, 03:37 PM
Unfortunately no.  It is definitely something I'm doing wrong.  I'm too busy to spend the time to troubleshoot so switched everything to use the System.Windows.Browser.HtmlPage.Window.Alert, confirm, and prompt.

Eventually I'll simplify my project down to a minimum and ping Konstantina for assistance.
Dave Hric
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Jun 2010, 03:21 PM
I too have run into the same issue.
It seems that it has something to do with using radwindow.alert with in a page that inherits usercontrol.
I create a new project using the standard microsoft Business Application Template and simply added a button to the home page.  The code for the click event on the button is: radwindow.alert("Test Alert!!").
When the button is clicked, I get the attached screen shot.

Not sure how to resolve the missing icon...but it would be nice if there were a solution.

-Dave
Konstantina
Telerik team
answered on 10 Jun 2010, 10:56 AM
Hello all,

There is another threat opened concerning this issue. You can check it our here. There you can find also a work-around for the problem.
Hope this is acceptable for you.

If you have any other questions please let us know.

Kind regards,
Konstantina
the Telerik team

fbc
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 15 Jun 2010, 02:58 PM
I've faced the same problem. Love to se the work-around; but above link is dead.
Konstantina
Telerik team
answered on 16 Jun 2010, 08:53 AM
Hello guys,

Sorry for the broken link. Here it is again:
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/silverlight/window/icon-is-missing-in-radwindow-confirm.aspx#1228096

Regards,
Konstantina
the Telerik team

Kiran Ghanwat
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Mar 2011, 02:08 PM
Hello Konstantina,

I am facing same problem for Alert/confirm icon.

I have changed your Alert templete to Confirm. It is not working for either.
I also checkd by using my version of assemblies in your project.
bt, in your project its working fine.
Please, help.

Thanks in advance.
Kiran Ghanwat
Konstantina
Telerik team
answered on 04 Mar 2011, 12:47 PM
Hi Kiran,

Are you using a business application template? Could you please give us some more details about your application? Since it is working in the sample project I sent, could you please try to reproduce the issue at your side in another project and send it back to us for further investigation. Could you please confirm that you are using the latest available version of our controls?

Best wishes,
Konstantina
the Telerik team
Registration for Q1 2011 What’s New Webinar Week is now open. Mark your calendar for the week starting March 21st and book your seat for a walk through all the exciting stuff we ship with the new release!
Tags
Window
Asked by
John Morris
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Konstantina
Telerik team
John Morris
Top achievements
Rank 1