This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q1 2009 Firefox 3.07 FF not allowing edit

4 Answers 124 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Lenny_shp
Top achievements
Rank 2
Lenny_shp asked on 18 Mar 2009, 02:35 PM
It works fine in IE7.    Tool bar pops up and allows edit, but in FF 3.07, no toolbar pops up and I cannot type anything.

<div id="divApprovals" runat="server" style="float:none; border-style: solid; border-width: 1px; background-color: #d5ffff; padding: 5px; margin-top: 2px; width: 740px;">
            <div id="divNewComment" runat="server" style="float:none; border-style: none; padding: 0px; width:98%">
                  <span class="SectionTitle">NEW COMMENT:</span><br />

<telerik:RadEditor ID="txtNewComment" runat="server" AutoResizeHeight="True" Skin="Office2007"
                      BorderStyle="none" BorderWidth="0" ToolbarMode="ShowOnFocus" ToolsWidth="345px"
                    EditModes="Design" ToolsFile="BasicTools.xml"
                      Width="720px" Height="100px" TabIndex="21">
                </telerik:RadEditor>
            </div>
</div>

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 23 Mar 2009, 03:42 PM
Hi Lenny,

Could you please, register the external skin of RadEditor as it is demonstrates in this KB article: Registering an external skin of RadEditor. In case, the problem still persists, open a support ticket and send a sample fully working project that demonstrates the problem. I will examine it and provide a solution after that.

Sincerely,
Rumen
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer , the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Francois MARTIN
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 31 Mar 2009, 08:23 AM
Hi,

I'm experiencing what I think is the same issue. I'm posting it on the forum because I think that other person may experience it to. I will also open a support ticket because for me the resoluion (or finding a workaround) is kind of urgent.
I've put together a sample reproducing the problem. Unfortunately I cannot upload the sample in the Forum post. It's only available in the support ticket. Please contact Telerik for further information...

Description of the problems (2 distinct issues):

A simple RadGrid displays data. Edit is performed through an EditForm that includes a RadEditor.
Everything is working just perfectly under Microsoft IE 7.xx or 6.xx.
But on FireFox (on Windows or Mac) and on Safari (Mac) and Opera it fails.

How to reproduce:

Create the database (file DB.sql is included for that). Run the project.
Cick on the pen image to edit a specifi item (witchever you like).
First issue: Under FireFox the first time you edit a row the RadEditor isn't usable as it does not display an editable area !! (This happens on FireFox only). See the included JPEG as a sample.
Click on "STOP" and re-edit the desired row by clicking on the Pen. This time the display is correct whatever the Web Browser.
But:
Second issue: Under IE everything works. Under FireFox, Safari and Opera whatever you change in the RadEditor will not be saved when you click on the green check mark to update the database.

Francois.
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 02 Apr 2009, 03:33 PM
Hi Francois,

I was able to fix the appearance and non editable editor problem by registering the external WebBlue skin of RadEditor. I used as a base the information provided in this Kb article:
Registering an external skin of RadEditor.

The problem with the not saved content is due to a bug in ASP.NET framework in Firefox and other non IE browsers and we have a KB article on the subject which provides guidance how to solve it: RadEditor Content Not Saved After Ajax Update in Firefox.

To fix the problem you should set the following code:

protected void RadGridTable_ItemCreated(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e)
    {
        if (e.Item.IsInEditMode && (e.Item is GridEditableItem))
        {
            GridEditFormItem item = (GridEditFormItem)e.Item;
            ImageButton but = item.FindControl("ImageButtonSave") as ImageButton;
            but.Attributes.Add("onclick", @"javascript:__doPostBack(this.id,'');return false;");

//            DisplayMessage(editForm.Controls, "EditLabelTitre", ViewState["EditLabelTitre"].ToString());
//            DisplayMessage(editForm.Controls, "EditLabelDonnee", ViewState["EditLabelDonnee"].ToString());
        }
    }

Sincerely,
Rumen
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer , the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Francois MARTIN
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 02 Apr 2009, 03:45 PM
Thanks Rumen. Your answer is very clear and helpfull.

Francois
Tags
Editor
Asked by
Lenny_shp
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Rumen
Telerik team
Francois MARTIN
Top achievements