This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q1 2009 Beta BUG

24 Answers 457 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
silvano
Top achievements
Rank 1
silvano asked on 28 Feb 2009, 03:16 PM

Hello,

after i installed Q1 2009 beta all my asp.net applications give me the following error:

Errore server nell'applicazione '/AJAXEnabledWebSite1'.

System.ServiceModel.Diagnostics.DiagnosticTrace..ctor(System.ServiceModel.Diagnostics.TraceSourceKind, System.String, System.String)

Descrizione: Eccezione non gestita durante l'esecuzione della richiesta Web corrente. Per ulteriori informazioni sull'errore e sul suo punto di origine nel codice, vedere l'analisi dello stack.

Dettagli eccezione: System.MethodAccessException: System.ServiceModel.Diagnostics.DiagnosticTrace..ctor(System.ServiceModel.Diagnostics.TraceSourceKind, System.String, System.String)

Errore nel codice sorgente:

Durante l'esecuzione della richiesta Web corrente รจ stata generata un'eccezione non gestita. Per informazioni sull'origine e la posizione dell'eccezione, vedere l'analisi dello stack dell'eccezione riportata di seguito.

Analisi dello stack:

[MethodAccessException: System.ServiceModel.Diagnostics.DiagnosticTrace..ctor(System.ServiceModel.Diagnostics.TraceSourceKind, System.String, System.String)]
   System.ServiceModel.DiagnosticUtility.InitDiagnosticTraceImpl(TraceSourceKind sourceType, String traceSourceName) +0
   System.ServiceModel.DiagnosticUtility.InitializeTracing() +28
   System.ServiceModel.DiagnosticUtility..cctor() +77

[TypeInitializationException: L'inizializzatore di tipo di 'System.ServiceModel.DiagnosticUtility' ha generato un'eccezione.]
   System.ServiceModel.DiagnosticUtility.get_ShouldTraceVerbose() +0
   System.ServiceModel.Configuration.ConfigurationHelpers.UnsafeGetAssociatedSection(ContextInformation evalContext, String sectionPath) +145
   System.ServiceModel.Configuration.ConfigurationHelpers.UnsafeGetSection(String sectionPath) +27
   System.ServiceModel.Configuration.ServiceHostingEnvironmentSection.UnsafeGetSection() +30
   System.ServiceModel.HostingManager.LoadConfigParameters() +77
   System.ServiceModel.HostingManager..ctor() +139
   System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.EnsureInitialized() +284
   System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.OnEnsureInitialized(Object state) +23
   System.ServiceModel.PartialTrustHelpers.PartialTrustInvoke(ContextCallback callback, Object state) +94
   System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.SafeEnsureInitialized() +65
   System.ServiceModel.Activation.HttpModule.ProcessRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) +72
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +167
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +117

I installed the beta in another machine and the error is the same!

Do you have a solution?

Thanks

--silvano

24 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
silvano
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Mar 2009, 04:47 PM
Is there anyone? Support are you there?

i cannot Work with ASP.Net in my machine, nothing is working.

Tried in another computer and nothing is working also there.

plz response ASAP,

--silvano
Brett
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 10 Mar 2009, 07:11 PM
Same here. Error during installation and rollback. Now I can't run .NET apps. Following error

The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002) (C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\web.config line 194)

Line 194: <add name="ServiceModel" type="System.ServiceModel.Activation.HttpModule, System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"/>
Line 195: </httpModules>

Let's see if reinstalling the framework helps
Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 12 Mar 2009, 02:13 PM

Hello guys,

We received a couple reports related to this error before and both clients addressed it by reinstalling the .NET 3.x framework. Here is a quite from one of the threads on this subject:

"......problem seemed to be solved right now
(possible) solution proces:

installed visual studio 2008 SP1 + reboot.

The problem has to do something with corrupting the .NET framework 3.0."

I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,

Sebastian
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Brett
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 12 Mar 2009, 03:32 PM
No need to reinstall VS 2008, just the 3.0 framework and then 3.5 SP1 to be safe.

If you have Vista then uninstall .NET framework 3.0 by unticking this item from the "Programs & Features -> Turn Windows features on or off" menu list, rebooting and then reticking this item to reinstall.
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Mar 2009, 08:37 PM
We just had this happen to one of our developers after he installed the Q1 2009 Release full installation.

Is this installation error going to be addressed with a new installer?
Jim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Mar 2009, 08:57 PM

Jim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Mar 2009, 09:17 PM

Dennis
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Mar 2009, 10:19 AM
No error during installation, and the this error afterwards.

I also need a solution as soon as possible for this.
Nir
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Mar 2009, 12:20 PM
Hi
We had the same problem with the OFFICIAL Q1 2009 release.
We work in visual studio 2005. However, the problem was solved by installing .net 3.5 SP1.
Ivo
Telerik team
answered on 16 Mar 2009, 12:43 PM
Hello all,

We have been trying to reproduce this error for several days now and we could not replicate the problem on any configuration. It seems there is something specific in your setups that we are missing. Other people who have reported this problem in the forums (and on forums.asp.net) seem to have solved it with a framework (.NET 3.5 SP1) reinstall.

Can you please open a support ticket and send us more detailed info on how you reproduced the error and what specific environment you have? We can also host a web meeting and remote connect to any of your machines so that we can further investigate the problem. Please let us know if you are available for a more detailed investigation.

Here are the details we are investigating:
  • System configuration: what is the OS, what framework versions are installed, what versions of Visual Studio are installed, service packs, etc.
  • Delete Temporary ASP.NET files (C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files) and see if it helps
  • Check if any .NET configuration files are changed (C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\) after RadControls installation
  • Check if the error happens on all sites or only some configurations (e.g. only IIS or Cassini, only 2.0 sites or 3.5, etc.)
Thank you in advance and sorry for any inconvenience we have caused.

In the meantime you can temporarily use the manual (.zip) installation download from our website.

Regards,
Ivo
the Telerik team

Evgeny
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Mar 2009, 11:36 AM
Hi,

I have the same problem with Q1 2009 release, Visual Studio 2005, .NET 2.0 with all latest service packs, no web services used - just a simple web application with Ajax.

Tried to upgrade some project from Q3 2008, as well as create a new project.

It seems that Q1.2009 version is not working at all, you need to work more on it...

P.S. Moreover, now any ASP.NET application has the same error, even those which are not using telerik stuff neither Ajax at all.
Telerik has just broken my .NET environment at all. This is very bad, guys.
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Mar 2009, 05:54 PM
This thread started weeks ago and you still have the broken install on your site. Do you care that you have cost so many people so much time and anguish.

TAKE THE DOWNLOAD OFF YOUR SITE UNTIL YOU FIX THE PROBLEM!
Ivo
Telerik team
answered on 19 Mar 2009, 11:30 AM
Hello all,

I am pleased to inform you that the issue has been reproduced and resolved immediately. You might hit this problem only if you do not have the latest SP2 of .NET 3.0 or SP1 of .NET 3.5.

The new builds have been tested on a wide range of different environments and they behave as expected. We have updated the install packages in the downloads section of all accounts (everything in the distributions is the same, we have just added an extra check during the installation process so that we cover this specific case)

Latest Internal Build is also available.

If you still experience any problems with the new install packages please report them and we will address them ASAP.

For those of you who have already hit this case please (re)install .NET 3.5 SP1 and the problem will be solved.

I want to once again thank you all for your involvement and express our sincere apologies for any inconvenience we have caused. I want to assure you that we are doing our best to provide stable and predictable installations and this is an isolated case where we have failed to perform as expected in this specific environment.

Best wishes,
Ivo Nedkov
Unit Manager, RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX
Telerik team

Helen
Telerik team
answered on 19 Mar 2009, 04:17 PM
Hello all,

A quick follow-up. We found an alternative solution so you will not have to (re)install the whole .NET 3.5 SP1. Just replace the two DLL files attached to this thread(they are in the GAC).
Here are the steps:
1. Close all Visual Studio instances and all applications. 
2. Download and unzip the attached files to some location(c:\Files for example).
3. Open the Visual Studio command prompt.
4. Go to c:\Files directory(cd \Files)
5. Use the gacutil /if file_name to replace both System.Runtime.Serialization.dll and SMdiagnostics.dll files.
(you should execute both gacutil /if System.Runtime.Serialization.dll and gacutil /if SMdiagnostics.dll)

Sincerely yours,
Helen
the Telerik team

Jim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Mar 2009, 09:29 PM

Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Mar 2009, 11:11 PM
This fix worked, after reinstalling VS 2008 (post-Telerik installation) had failed.
THANK YOU! for posting this fix.
Evgeny
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Mar 2009, 06:08 AM
My 5 cents:

Sorry guys but I don't believe that it's fixed and will not try again until see enough of feedback.

You write about .NET 3 fixes, but I had this problem in case where .NET 3 was not involved in any manner - for me, it happened with pure .NET 2.0 applications. How the .NET 3 DLLs or reinstall could fix .NET 2.0 environment?

I think you guys must work more on this.
Ivo
Telerik team
answered on 20 Mar 2009, 08:03 AM
Hi Evgeny and Jim,

Please, excuse us if the messages were not clear.

The problem that you (and a few other customers) have hit was only possible if you did not have SP2 of .NET 3.0 or SP1 of .NET 3.5. If you had them, you would not have experienced the problem.

If you have experienced the issue you will either have to (re)install .NET 3.5 SP1 or just replace the two DLLs as Helen suggested. Any of these two options will fix the problem, replacing the two DLLs is just easier.

All product downloads are fixed now and everyone downloading and running the installer now will not see the issue even if he does not have the latest SPs of the framework.

Please let me know if anything is still unclear.

Kind regards,
Ivo
the Telerik team

Jim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Mar 2009, 04:20 PM

Jim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Mar 2009, 04:49 PM

Serrin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Mar 2009, 07:05 PM

Hey Jim,

I think they addressed pretty clearly how to address the problem and also provided solutions.  Also, they have stated that the problem has been fixed in the installer and you won't have to worry about it anymore for future downloads.

While this was a problem that originally came from the installer, we immediately had an option (use manual install) that could avoid the problem.  For those with extreme cases, the company seems to have gone above and beyond to help them out.  There is no reason for them to place any message on the download screen as the problem that was identified by them and customers has been resolved. 

One thing to keep in mind that this is not a problem that Telerik invented- try looking the error up on Google and you'll see this error existed going back into 2008 and from other things.  The tests they ran just happened to not come across the specific scenario in which this error could be produced, and for the thousands of downloads that I'm sure they got after the Q1 release, it was actually a problem that only hit a very small percentage of people.

It's been resolved, and if you got hit by it there are two solutions available, so I'm not sure why this is even an issue anymore.

Jim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Mar 2009, 07:11 PM
Whatever,

I have removed all my comments since "you have it resolved".

Brent
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Mar 2009, 08:13 AM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! (ARGH).

I just wasted a whole day before I found this solution. The dlls worked, reinstalling net3.5 didn't.

That will teach me for updating before I absolutly HAVE to. Never works out.
Arunkumar
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Jan 2011, 08:34 AM
Great Solution !!!... I have spent 3 days to find the solution before I see this page
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
silvano
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
silvano
Top achievements
Rank 1
Brett
Top achievements