This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Putting Office2020Silver theme in GAC

3 Answers 22 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Thomas Bargholz
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Thomas Bargholz asked on 03 Sep 2013, 03:45 PM
Hi,

I'm working on an add-in for Microsoft Office and use a lot of Telerik components for the custom UI.
To have all these Telerik controls look and feel like the rest of Office, I apply a theme at runtime, depending on which color scheme the user have set for Office. And on Development machines this works like a charm - change the color of Office and my add-in changes with it.
For distributing to end-users I want to put the theme assemblys in the GAC, as I have to be sure that these theme assemblies can be found run-time, as they are loaded when needed.
Putting the theme dll's in the GAC works fine for the Office2010Blue and the Office2010Black themes, but nothing happens when I try to deploy Office2010Silver to the GAC - and not even when using gacutil. I'm using Telerik 2013.1.220.40, VS2012 and .NET 4.5.

Hope you can help me out here, as the add-in doesn't if it can't find the theme assemblies at run-time.

Best regards
Thomas

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
George
Telerik team
answered on 06 Sep 2013, 01:49 PM
Hello Thomas,

Thank you for writing.

I do not see a reason why it would not work with the Office2010Silver theme. Can you please let me know of the methods you tried to install the assembly in your GAC, this will let me test them on my end in order to properly investigate the matter. Also you can try with other assemblies so that we can confirm if the issue is related only to the Office2010Silver theme.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
George
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for WINFORMS.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Thomas Bargholz
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 11 Sep 2013, 03:51 PM
it turned out that the Office2010Silver theme dll I packaged in the msi was a different version than the rest of the files. As soon as I used the right version which matched the rest, it registerede nicely in the GAC.
George
Telerik team
answered on 16 Sep 2013, 01:51 PM
Hello Thomas,

I am glad that you found a solution.

If you need any more assistance, I will be glad to help.

Regards,
George
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for WINFORMS.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Thomas Bargholz
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Answers by
George
Telerik team
Thomas Bargholz
Top achievements