This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Push Notification

1 Answer 226 Views
AppBuilder extension for Visual Studio
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
sundar
Top achievements
Rank 1
sundar asked on 22 Apr 2017, 06:44 AM

Hi Team,

I am using AppBuilder extension in VS2013 for creating the Hybrid Mobile app using HTML5 and angularJs.

then i tried to implement the push notification in my app.

i don't find any sample for visual studio AppBuilder extension.i googled a lot.

Am trying to using GCM service. i have sender id.

but i don't know which server to use also if i get server,then how to call the api in Angular js in our code.

Could you please explain more on it with some example.

it will be very helpful for new developers like me.

Thanks.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Martin
Telerik team
answered on 24 Apr 2017, 10:03 AM

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us for information about push notifications.

You can use Telerik Platform to handle the sending of push notifications. Using Telerik Platform for push notifications removes the complexity of integrating with multiple vendor-specific notification services and gives you an easy to use client SDKs.

Here are the steps to follow to enable and send push notifications in Telerik Platform:

1. Enable push notifications - Before you can send push notifications to a certain vendor, you need to enable it in Telerik Platform and make the necessary settings.
  2. Enable push plugin- when working with a Hybrid app using JavaScript and Cordova, you need to use a push plugin in order to be able to send push notifications.
  3. Register a device to receive push notifications. You can review the registered devices in Telerik Platform -> Notifications -> Devices
  4. Sending push notifications. Ways to send push notifications:
  5. Targeting push notifications

You may review our ready made Push Notification sample app that demonstrates how to use Push Notifications with Telerik Platform.

Let me know should you need more information on the matter.

Regards,
Martin
Telerik by Progress

Visit the Telerik Verified Plugins Marketplace and get the custom Cordova plugin you need, already tweaked to work seamlessly with AppBuilder.

Tags
AppBuilder extension for Visual Studio
Asked by
sundar
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Martin
Telerik team
Share this question
or