Project Upgrade Utility 2010 Q1

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Ramius
    Ramius avatar
    127 posts

Posted 12 Mar 2010 Link to this post

Hello,

the new project upgrade utitlity is a great improvement from the last version, but there is a small issue.

When i upgrade a project and i had set the local copy property to true for the telerik dlls then after the upgrade the local copy property is set to false for all telerik.dlls

Kind Regards,

Ramius

2. Nick
    Admin
    Nick avatar
    767 posts

Posted 15 Mar 2010 Link to this post

Hello Ramius,

Thank you for contacting us. We cannot reproduce the problem, actually we have not changed anything that might change the behavior of this feature compared to our previous release. Nevertheless, I tested whether the Copy Local is preserved upon an upgrade and it seems to work.

You can check whether you Project files (opened as XML files in a text editor) contain the Private tag:

<Reference Include="TelerikCommon, Version=2010.1.10.308, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5bb2a467cbec794e, processorArchitecture=MSIL">
      <Private>True</Private>
    </Reference>

...which corresponds to the Copy Local option of Visual Studio before the upgrade and after the upgrade.

Please send us a sample application if the issue persists.

Sincerely yours,
    Nick
    the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
  3. UI for WinForms is Visual Studio 2017 Ready
  4. Ramius
    Ramius avatar
    127 posts

Posted 16 Mar 2010 Link to this post

Hello Nick,

the problem persists, so i will send you a example project.

When i check the Project files before the upgrade then they contain the private Tag and after the upgrade they don't contain the private Tag.

before upgrade:

<Reference Include="Telerik.WinControls, Version=2009.3.9.1203, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5bb2a467cbec794e, processorArchitecture=MSIL">
    <Private>True</Private>
    </Reference>

after upgrade:

<Reference Include="Telerik.WinControls, Version=2010.1.10.308, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5bb2a467cbec794e, processorArchitecture=MSIL" />

Kind Regards,

Ramius

5. Nikolay
    Admin
    Nikolay avatar
    1803 posts

Posted 19 Mar 2010 Link to this post

Hi Ramius,

Please find the answer to your question in the support ticket that you have opened concerning the same topic.

All the best,
    Nikolay
    the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.