This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Project Upgrade Utility 2010 Q1

3 Answers 76 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ramius
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ramius asked on 12 Mar 2010, 10:06 AM

Hello,

the new project upgrade utitlity is a great improvement from the last version, but there is a small issue.

When i upgrade a project and i had set the local copy property to true for the telerik dlls then after the upgrade the local copy property is set to false for all telerik.dlls

Kind Regards,

Ramius

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nick
Telerik team
answered on 15 Mar 2010, 10:18 AM
Hello Ramius,

Thank you for contacting us. We cannot reproduce the problem, actually we have not changed anything that might change the behavior of this feature compared to our previous release. Nevertheless, I tested whether the Copy Local is preserved upon an upgrade and it seems to work.

You can check whether you Project files (opened as XML files in a text editor) contain the Private tag:

<Reference Include="TelerikCommon, Version=2010.1.10.308, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5bb2a467cbec794e, processorArchitecture=MSIL">
  <Private>True</Private>
</Reference>

...which corresponds to the Copy Local option of Visual Studio before the upgrade and after the upgrade.

Please send us a sample application if the issue persists.

Sincerely yours,
Nick
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Ramius
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Mar 2010, 08:34 AM
Hello Nick,

the problem persists, so i will send you a example project.

When i check the Project files before the upgrade then they contain the private Tag and after the upgrade they don't contain the private Tag.

before upgrade:

<Reference Include="Telerik.WinControls, Version=2009.3.9.1203, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5bb2a467cbec794e, processorArchitecture=MSIL">
<Private>True</Private>
</Reference>

after upgrade:

<Reference Include="Telerik.WinControls, Version=2010.1.10.308, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5bb2a467cbec794e, processorArchitecture=MSIL" />

Kind Regards,

Ramius

Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 19 Mar 2010, 08:36 AM
Hi Ramius,

Please find the answer to your question in the support ticket that you have opened concerning the same topic.

All the best,
Nikolay
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Ramius
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nick
Telerik team
Ramius
Top achievements
Rank 1