This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Project configuration wizard is empty in Visual Studio 2010

24 Answers 631 Views
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Laurian Angelescu
Top achievements
Rank 1
Laurian Angelescu asked on 28 Apr 2010, 03:01 PM
Hello, I am trying to create a RadControls Silverlight project in Visual Studio 2010 but the Project Configuration Wizard is empty. In Visual Studio 2008, I do see settings. What could be wrong?

I re-booted after the installation. I also attempted to repair the installation.

Possibly related:
If I click  the Download button it detects a newer version and it downloads it. After the download is complete, nothing happens. However if I were to press the download button one more time, it again detects that an update is available and downloads it.

24 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 29 Apr 2010, 09:42 AM
Hello Laurian Angelescu,

A possible cause for the issue you are experiencing would be trying to create a Silverlight 4 application using RadControls for Silverlight 3.

Separate downloads for RadControls for Silverlight 3 and RadControls for Silverlight 4 are available on our website. Please, ensure you have the appropriate version of RadControls for Silverlight installed, depending on the version of Silverlight you wish to use.

As for the issue with downloads, we currently only support downloading our Silverlight 3 assemblies. Having that in mind, even if you do download our latest assemblies, there will be no useable assemblies for Silverlight 4 projects.

Sincerely yours,
Andrey
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Laurian Angelescu
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Apr 2010, 01:26 PM
That was exactly the problem. Thanks for your help.
Eric Swanson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 May 2010, 11:38 PM
Same problem. Looking forward to the v4 download being available. FYI: Silverlight Settings is miss-spelled with a missing "h" in "Silverligt".
Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 20 May 2010, 01:35 PM
Hi Eric Swanson,

Thank you for showing interest!

We plan to add the support for automatic downloads  RadControls for Silverlight 4 you require in our next major release (Q2 2010).

We will fix the typo you reported. Thank you for bringing that to our attention.

Best wishes,
Andrey
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Denis
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Jul 2010, 10:50 AM
I'm getting this same problem when I try to create a silverlight 3 project in VS2010
steps to reproduce:
have installed: RadControls for Silverlight Q1 2010 SP2

*open an existing solution
*add a project, select C# radcontrols silverlight app
*'host the silverlight app in existing website' is selected
*under options is Silverlight Version: Silverlight 3 is the only option
*unselect 'make it start page' and unselect 'enable silverlight debugging'
*click ok -> empty wizard.
Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 14 Jul 2010, 11:54 AM
Hi Denis,

Can you check whether you have installed RadControls for Silverlight 3 or Silverlight 4?

The behavior you are describing can be observed when trying to create a Silverlight 3 application after installing RadControls for Silverlight 4.

Kind regards,
Andrey
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Denis
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Jul 2010, 02:03 AM
I installed radcontrols for silverlight 4 q1 release. just found the q2 release and installed that, it prompted me to install silverlight 4 (which I did).
This solved my problems. Odd that the q1 release let me install without having silverlight 4 on my machine.
saravanan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Oct 2010, 07:09 AM
Hi
I going create silverlight webpart in my sharepoint 2010 site. so that i installed vs2010 in my dev box.
after that  i installed RadControls_for_Silverlight_4_2010_2_0924_TRIAL.msi but i only support sliver light 4 but i thought sp2010 support Ver 3 only.
i want to develop my webpart  with RAd slivercontrol in my vs2010 which will deploy into sp2010 .
Please tell me and send exact link for download

Thanks in Advance
Saravanan
Unisys
Tech Lead
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 12 Oct 2010, 09:05 AM
Hi Saravanan,

I'm afraid I might have not understood your post correctly. Do you need to use Silverlight 3 in your project and you can't find RadControls for Silverlight 3?

RadControls for Silverlight 3 are distributed as a ZIP file only and are available in the Downloads Page.
Here is the link for the Free Trials:
http://www.telerik.com/account/free-trials/trial-product-versions/single-trial.aspx?pmvid=2291&pid=0

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Erik
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 14 Feb 2012, 03:46 PM
Hi Guys,

I think it's a "here we go again"... but now with Silverlight 5...

When i start a new Silverlight project "RadControls Silverlight Application" and then choose Silverlight 5 as a basis, the config wizard is empty. (Starting a SL 4 new proj is no problem)

I do not see a installation for Silverlight 5 in my downloads, only the zip with dll's.

Installed:
VS 2010
Silverlight 3, 4 and 5
RadControls_for_Silverlight4_2011_3_1220_Dev.msi (and did a repair)

Thanks,

Erik
Chavdar Dimitrov
Telerik team
answered on 15 Feb 2012, 10:27 AM
Hello Erik,

Thank you for contacting us.

The latest official release of RadControls for Silverlight is Q3 2011 SP1. The automatic installer (MSI) of this release contains only Silverlight 4 controls. The Silverlight 5 controls are provided only as a hotfix (i.e. zip). With Q1 2012 the installer will install the Silverlight 5 controls.

In order to take advantage of the Telerik wizards you can download and unzip the Silverlight 5 zip in the following directory: %appdata%\Telerik\Updates (if the directory doesn't exist, it should be created). After unzipping the hotfix in this folder, the distribution should appear in when creating new Silverlight 5 application.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,
Chavdar,
the Telerik team
Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
Erik
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 15 Feb 2012, 02:30 PM
Hi Chavdar ,

Thanks for the support. I got it to work, read on if you want this too:

I copied the zip content to the folder and started a new "Silverlight Radcontrols Application" project. The Configurator was still empty, but when I choose "Browse" and went to the folder (c:\Users\Erik\AppData\Roaming\Telerik\Updates\Binaries\Silverlight\ ; Replace "Erik" with your user and you have to have "show hidden files" in your explorer, otherwise the directory browser does not show the "AppData" folder) the configurator filled itself and I was able to create a project.

Assuming that this will be a full install next Q1?

Kind Regards,

Erik
Chavdar Dimitrov
Telerik team
answered on 15 Feb 2012, 02:51 PM
Hi Erik,

The path should look like this: c:\Users\Erik\AppData\Roaming\Telerik\Updates\RadControls_for_Silverlight5_2011_3_1220_DEV_hotfix\Binaries, i.e. you have to unzip the content with the folder.

About the Q1 2012 release, I meant that the controls for Silverlight 5 will be automatically installed by the MSI installer, so if your projects target Silverlight 5 you won't need to this manual work anymore.

P.S. Q1 2012 release should be available later this week (hopefully today :)).

Best regards,
Chavdar,
the Telerik team
Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
Erik
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 15 Feb 2012, 03:06 PM
Hi Chavdar, 

Ah, ok. And yes: when I do that, it is a auto process.

Good luck this week Chavdar, with the release! I'll get it first thing.

Erik
brian
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Apr 2012, 07:37 PM
It's still empty for me, though I have everything latest(Silverlight 5).

Brian
Chavdar Dimitrov
Telerik team
answered on 06 Apr 2012, 06:30 AM
Hello Brian,

Please, ensure that your application version matches the controls version, i.e. you have Silverlight 5 application and you've downloaded the Siliverlight 5 hotfix.

In case the controls still miss, the easiest way is to install Silverlight 5 controls is to use the installer of the Q1 2012 or later distribution.

I hope this will help.

Best regards,
Chavdar,
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Vladimir
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Aug 2012, 10:58 AM
Hello!

I have the same problem.
Installed:
VS 2010
Silverlight 5
RadControls for Silverlight, v.2012.2.725.1050 (Dev)

Controls has been installed today using telerik control panel.

So, when i start a new Silverlight project "RadControls Silverlight Application" and then choose Silverlight 3 or 4 as a basis, the config wizard is empty.
Also, there are no rad controls for silverlight in toolbox if i open existing silverlight project (version 4)

Thanks, Vladimir

P.S.
I'm sorry for my bad english
Aylin
Telerik team
answered on 03 Aug 2012, 03:49 PM
Hi Vladimir,

Thank you for contacting us.

You have downloaded and installed the latest RadControls for Silverlight 5. That means that you could use these controls only in projects targeting Silverlight 5. That's why when you create projects targeting Silverlight 3 or Silverlight 4, the project wizard is empty. Thus the Silverlight 5 controls in the toolbox are not visible for the Silverlight 4 project.

Since Q1 2012 we do not distribute automatic installer for RadControls for Silverlight 4. In order to use them you should get the zip package (contains dlls only). Just log in to your Telerik account and under the Manage products section select your subscription. On the next page press the "Download Installers and other resources" button, find RadControls for Silverlight and select "Browse all product files". Then download Silverlight 4 - DLLs only (manual installation) zip file and unpack it in "%appdata%\Telerik\Updates".

After unpacking the Radcontrols for Silverlight 4 hotfix  you could use the Toolbox Configurator (through Telerik menu) to populate your Toolbox with RadControls for Silverlight 4, so the controls are visible for your Silverlight 4 project.

Please, note that Silverlight 4 distributions are versioned *.1040 and Silverlight 5 distributions are versioned *.1050.

Regarding  Silverlight 3 we do not support RadControls for Silverlight 3 anymore.

I hope that the information was helpful.

Regards,
VSXTeam Aylin
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Vladimir
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Aug 2012, 09:58 AM
Hi, Aylin

I downloaded Silverlight 4 DLLs only and unpacked them to "%appdata%\Telerik\Updates", but i still see only
"RadControls for Silverlight, v.2012.2.725.1050 (Dev) [InstallFolder]" in the Toolbox Configurator.
Also, i checked path to folder for download in Telerik VSExtension option - it's same

Thanks, Vladimir

Update: I already resolved my problem, thanks
Aylin
Telerik team
answered on 06 Aug 2012, 11:22 AM
Hi Vladimir,

Sorry for the confusion.

I suppose you extracted the zip file content right into "%appdata%\Telerik\Updates\". For making the distribution visible in the Distribution chooser, it should be unpacked to: "%appdata%\Telerik\Updates\[zip file name]\".

Let me know if that helps.

All the best,
VSXTeam Aylin
the Telerik team

Vladimir
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Aug 2012, 11:42 AM
Thank you, Aylin, it works
Aylin
Telerik team
answered on 06 Aug 2012, 12:37 PM
Hi Vladimir,

I am glad to hear you managed to resolve the issue at your side.

All the best,
VSXTeam Aylin
the Telerik team

Christian
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Feb 2013, 10:37 AM
Hello
as a development environment I use Visual Studio 2010 SP 1. I have installed the components for Silverlight 5. I can't find the Silverlight project templates. What steps must I take to be able to use the Silverlight components.
For advice, I would be grateful.
Christian Rudat

The information about my systems follows:

Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
Version 10.0.40219.1 SP1Rel
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 4.5.50709 SP1Rel

Installierte Version: Ultimate

Microsoft Office Developer Tools   01019-532-2002102-70512
Microsoft Office Developer Tools

Microsoft Visual Basic 2010   01019-532-2002102-70512
Microsoft Visual Basic 2010

Microsoft Visual C# 2010   01019-532-2002102-70512
Microsoft Visual C# 2010

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010   01019-532-2002102-70512
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010

Microsoft Visual F# 2010   01019-532-2002102-70512
Microsoft Visual F# 2010

Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Architecture und Modeling Tools   01019-532-2002102-70512
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Architecture und Modeling Tools

UML® und Unified Modeling Language™ sind Marken oder eingetragene Marken der Object Management Group, Inc. in den Vereinigten Staaten und anderen Ländern.

Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Team Explorer   01019-532-2002102-70512
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Team Explorer

Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2010   01019-532-2002102-70512
Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2010

Rechtschreibprüfung für die Microsoft Visual Studio 2010-Codeanalyse   01019-532-2002102-70512
Rechtschreibprüfung für die Microsoft Visual Studio 2010-Codeanalyse

Teile von International CorrectSpell™ spelling correction system © 1993 by Lernout & Hauspie Speech Products N.V. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Third Edition Copyright © 1992 Houghton Mifflin Company. Elektronische Version unter Lizenz von Lernout & Hauspie Speech Products N.V. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.

.NET Reflector Visual Studio Extension   7.6.0.808
Integrates .NET Reflector into Visual Studio to allow you to seamlessly debug into third-party code and assemblies, even if you don't have the source code for them.

Visit www.reflector.net for more information.

Copyright (c) 2009-2012 Red Gate Software Inc.

CodeStatistics   1.0
This package displays some basic statistics about your code.

Crystal Reports Templates for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010  
Crystal Reports Templates for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010

GhostDoc   4.0.12289.0
GhostDoc automatically generates XML documentation comments.

Hotfix für Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate - DEU (KB2529927)   KB2529927
Dieser Hotfix ist für Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate - DEU vorgesehen.
Wenn Sie später ein aktuelleres Service Pack installieren, wird der Hotfix automatisch deinstalliert.
Weitere Informationen erhalten Sie unter http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2529927.

Hotfix für Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate - DEU (KB2548139)   KB2548139
Wenn Sie später ein aktuelleres Service Pack installieren, wird der Hotfix automatisch deinstalliert.
Weitere Informationen erhalten Sie unter http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2548139.

Hotfix für Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate - DEU (KB2549864)   KB2549864
Weitere Informationen erhalten Sie unter http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2549864.

Hotfix für Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate - DEU (KB2565057)   KB2565057
Weitere Informationen erhalten Sie unter http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2565057.

Hotfix für Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate - DEU (KB2615527)   KB2615527
Weitere Informationen erhalten Sie unter http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2615527.

Hotfix für Microsoft Visual Studio Team Explorer 2010 - DEU (KB2635973)   KB2635973
Dieser Hotfix ist für Microsoft Visual Studio Team Explorer 2010 - DEU vorgesehen.
Weitere Informationen erhalten Sie unter http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2635973.

Hotfix für Microsoft Visual Studio Team Explorer 2010 - DEU (KB2736182)   KB2736182
Dieser Hotfix ist für Microsoft Visual Studio Team Explorer 2010 - DEU vorgesehen.
Weitere Informationen erhalten Sie unter http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2736182.

Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2010 Power Tools   10.0.41206.0
Power Tools that extend the Team Foundation Server integration with Visual Studio.

Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SharePoint-Entwicklungstools   10.0.40219
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SharePoint-Entwicklungstools

Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate - DEU Service Pack 1 (KB983509)   KB983509
Dieses Service Pack ist für Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate - DEU vorgesehen.
Wenn Sie später ein aktuelleres Service Pack installieren, wird das vorliegende Service Pack automatisch deinstalliert.
Weitere Informationen erhalten Sie unter http://support.microsoft.com/kb/983509.

Microsoft Visual Studio Process Editor   1.0
Process Editor for Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server

NuGet-Paket-Manager   2.1.31002.9028
NuGet-Paket-Manager in Visual Studio. Weitere Informationen zu NuGet finden Sie unter "http://docs.nuget.org/".

Security Update for Microsoft Visual Studio Team Explorer 2010 - DEU (KB2644980)   KB2644980
This security update is for Microsoft Visual Studio Team Explorer 2010 - DEU.
If you later install a more recent service pack, this security update will be uninstalled automatically.
For more information, visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2644980.

Sicherheitsupdate für Microsoft Visual Studio Team Explorer 2010 - DEU (KB2645410)   KB2645410
Dieses Sicherheitsupdate ist für Microsoft Visual Studio Team Explorer 2010 - DEU vorgesehen.
Wenn Sie später ein aktuelleres Service Pack installieren, wird dieses Sicherheitsupdate automatisch deinstalliert.
Weitere Informationen erhalten Sie unter http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2645410.

Telerik OpenAccess ORM   2012.3.1209.1
Telerik OpenAccess ORM Copyright © 1996–2012 Telerik AD
OpenAccess is the ultimate data access layer solution for Microsoft .NET database applications.
www.telerik.com/orm

Telerik Reporting  
For more information please visit http://www.telerik.com/reporting. Copyright © 2005–2013 Telerik, Inc.

Telerik WebUI VSExtensions   2012.3.1212.0
Telerik RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX VSExtensions Package

Telerik WinForms VSExtensions   2012.3.1212.0
Telerik RadControls for WinForms VSExtensions Package

Update für Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate - DEU (KB2495593)   KB2495593
Dieses Update ist für Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate - DEU vorgesehen.
Wenn Sie später ein aktuelleres Service Pack installieren, wird dieses Update automatisch deinstalliert.
Weitere Informationen erhalten Sie unter http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2495593.

Web Essentials   1.0
Information about my package

Vesko
Telerik team
answered on 18 Feb 2013, 10:20 AM

Hello Christian,

The deployment of our Visual Studio extensions may have gone wrong. I recommend you to download and install them manually. Here are the steps:

1. Run Visual Studio 2010 and launch the Extension Manager (Tools | Extension Manager...);
  2. Navigate to the Online Gallery section;
  3. Type "telerik" in the Search Online Gallery field;
  4. Download and install Telerik Silverlight VSExtensions;
  5. Restart Visual Studio (you will be asked to restart);

(Note that you have to uninstall the extensions first in case they are already installed)

All the best,

Vesko
the Telerik team

Tags
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
Asked by
Laurian Angelescu
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Andrey
Telerik team
Laurian Angelescu
Top achievements
Rank 1