This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Progress Area always near 100%

2 Answers 24 Views
AsyncUpload
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
LeBear
Top achievements
Rank 1
LeBear asked on 25 Mar 2011, 06:25 AM
Hello,

I'm just embarking on using the Async Upload.  This is an awesome and easy-to-use tool.  I was able to take a cumbersome process where users were uploading several files one at a time, and make it so they could select all of the files at once.  Beautiful!

Everything is working well, except that I think the progress area has room for improvement.

First, and most importantly, when I'm uploading several files, the progress meter seems only to be aware of the file that's currently uploading, as well as files that have completed.  For example, say you're uploading 5 files.  When the first file is uploading, both progress bars reflect only that file.  The top one shows the percentage of the current file, and the bottom one shows 0%, or 0/1 files.  Once the first file completes, and the second one starts, the top bar shows progress considering only the first two files, so it starts at 50% (assuming the files are roughly the same size), and the bottom bar shows 50%, or 1/2 files.  Once the second file completes, and the third one starts, the top bar shows progress considering only the first three files, so it starts at about 66% (again, assuming the files are roughly the same size), and the bottom bar shows 66%, or 2/3 files. 

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a known bug?  FYI, I tested the demo page at http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/upload/examples/async/multiplefileselection/defaultcs.aspx?product=asyncupload, and I saw the same behavior.  I selected 3 files that were about 3MB each.

Second, I find the fact that the progress area disappears upon completion of the uploads to be visually confusing.  Consider when an upload only takes a second or two.  You don't have sufficient time to recognize what you're looking at before it disappears.  I would like the option to have the progress area stay open.  Is this possible?  None of the demos do this, so I fear not.  If that's the case, would you consider making this an option?

Thank you.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Peter Filipov
Telerik team
answered on 30 Mar 2011, 05:29 PM
Hello LeBear,

Thank you for the report. We were able to reproduce the problem.
I forwarded it to our development team for further investigation and we will post the results later.

All the best,
Peter Filipov
the Telerik team
Peter Filipov
Telerik team
answered on 01 Apr 2011, 08:42 AM
Hi LeBear,

I logged this issue and will be fixed for the next service pack.

Kind regards,
Peter Filipov
the Telerik team
Tags
AsyncUpload
Asked by
LeBear
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Peter Filipov
Telerik team