This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Problems when exporting to Excel

4 Answers 109 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Touzi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Touzi asked on 09 Oct 2015, 10:45 AM

I have problems when exporting report to Excel:
-  I would like to know why I get ​extra cells at a line when exporting to excel.
-  The colors are not the same (color blue turned into gray).

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Fridli Jacober
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Oct 2015, 11:21 AM

Hi Touzi

-  I would like to know why I get ​extra cells at a line when exporting to excel.

You're using text boxes with MultiLine=true or you have spaces between text boxes (also see http://www.telerik.com/forums/problem-with-line-breaks-multiline-textbox-in-excel-export)

-  The colors are not the same (color blue turned into gray).

Do you have a recent reporting version?​
I also noticed similar when exporting to excel 97-2003 but I'm not sure if this still applies...

Stef
Telerik team
answered on 12 Oct 2015, 02:26 PM
Hello,

Please check the Design Considerations for Excel Rendering help article. It elaborates on the possible reasons for cells merging and the specific limitations of Excel.

I hope this information is helpful.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Touzi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Nov 2015, 11:05 AM

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.
We tried to apply the ​best practices that you have recommended but the problems still appears.
You will find two pictures attached to this message, for ​better understanding.

Regards,

Jihed

Stef
Telerik team
answered on 16 Nov 2015, 12:14 PM
Hi Jihed,

Please test to align all items vertically. You can also use a Table item to organize the TextBox items.
About colors, please check the Design Considerations for Excel Rendering help article ( Excel 97-2003 and Excel 2007 and above).

The old Excel format supports 56 colors palette, where the new Excel format supports up to 16 million colors.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Touzi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Fridli Jacober
Top achievements
Rank 1
Stef
Telerik team