This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Problem with Silverlight Report Viewer Q1 2014

10 Answers 61 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Rasmus
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rasmus asked on 28 Feb 2014, 01:37 PM
Hi,

The Silverlight viewer for Reporting Q1 2014 (2014.1.224.1050) depends on UI for Silverlight Q3 2013 (2013.3.1202.1050) instead of UI for Silverlight Q1 2014 (2014.1.224.1050). This gives gives me an error in Visual Studio and the report viewer component is blank when I run it.

10 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rasmus
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Feb 2014, 01:42 PM
I have created a sample solution with the error which can be downloaded here:

(Removed by admin: Please remove Dev assemblies before uploading demo projects)

Ron Frick
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 03 Mar 2014, 06:59 AM
Having the exact same issue. 
Accepted
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 03 Mar 2014, 07:29 PM
Hello,

As of Q1 2014 the Silverlight ReportViewer uses only implicit styles, thus you need to use the Silverlight NoXAML binaries and add the XAML files and related resources additionally. For more details and steps check the Setting a Theme (Using Implicit Styles) article and our local demos, installed by default under C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Reporting Q1 2014\Examples.

I hope this information helps you.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

New HTML5/JS REPORT VIEWER with MOBILE AND TOUCH SUPPORT available in Telerik Reporting Q3 2013! Get the new Reporting version from your account or download a trial.

Ron Frick
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 03 Mar 2014, 07:50 PM
Pretty big change, I will have to get back to you on our success . Thanks for letting us know. 
Ron Frick
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 10 Mar 2014, 06:54 PM
Switching to the implicit styles was a really big change for us since we had so many custom styles, but it did work.

Thanks for the help.
Rasmus
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Mar 2014, 07:47 AM
Thanks it solved my issue (with quite a bit of work on my side).
Tomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Mar 2014, 06:12 AM
Yep, works for me as well now. But I really think you should provide separate binaries with styles and without, like you do for UI for Silverlight.
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 13 Mar 2014, 05:13 PM
Hello,

Thank you all for your kind words and the understanding.

For now we are going to use implicit styles and do not plan having separate binaries with included styles. The benefit from the new approach is you can edit the template easier and you can use private server to distribute the same version of the assemblies.

In addition, we synchronized the Q1 2014 builds of Telerik Reporting and Telerik Ui for WPF and Silverlight in our latest internal builds, which are available for download.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

DevCraft Q1'14 is here! Watch the online conference to see how this release solves your top-5 .NET challenges. Watch on demand now.

Jon_BCV
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 May 2014, 08:02 PM
what a pain
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 07 May 2014, 11:27 AM
Hi Jon,

We understand that the changes may have brought some additional requirements in order to set up your projects. For more information on the reasoning behind this decision you can check the XAML Theming – Implicit Styles versus StyleManager blog post.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Rasmus
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rasmus
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ron Frick
Top achievements