Problem with setting CombineMode=Stack for BarSeries

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Stephen
    Stephen avatar
    12 posts
    Member since:
    Sep 2013

    Posted 09 Sep 2014 Link to this post

    I have a chart that shows the number of storms recorded for each day of the week, broken apart by month (ie. category). See image.

    However, I'd like the bars to stack, so I've set the property CombineMode to "Stack". However, it has had no noticeable effect.

    My data is structured as follows:
    - BarSeries 1 (Monday)
         - 3 Data Points (September, October, November)
    - BarSeries 2 (Tuesday)
         - 3 Data Points (September, October, November)
    ...
    - BarSeries 7 (Sunday)
         - 3 Data Points (September, October, November)

    Is there anything else I need to do in order to change this to a stacked bar chart? Thank you.
  2. Martin
    Admin
    Martin avatar
    1099 posts

    Posted 12 Sep 2014 Link to this post

    Hello Stephen,

    No, the only thing that you can do to change the combine mode of the chart is to set the CombineMode property on all series that you want to be combined. In your case you can set the CombineMode to Stack to all series and this should stack them. You can take a look at the Bar demo that demonstrates RadCartesianChart and BarSeries with different CombineMode.

    If this doesn't help it would be helpful if you can provide us with a runnable project (or code snippets) that demonstrates your implementation. This will help us in better understanding your scenario and assist you further.

    Regards,
    Martin
    Telerik
     
    Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.
     
  3. DevCraft banner
  4. Stephen
    Stephen avatar
    12 posts
    Member since:
    Sep 2013

    Posted 12 Sep 2014 in reply to Martin Link to this post

    Ok, I found the problem. I was setting the y-axis on each series, when I should have only been setting a single y-axis on the chart itself.
Back to Top