This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Problem with RIA under IIS7/Windows 2008

4 Answers 34 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
madladuk
Top achievements
Rank 2
madladuk asked on 21 Jul 2010, 01:49 PM
Hi all. Okay so I have seen plenty of threads about this but still unable get RIA to work under Windows 2008 and II7. I have a Windows 2008 Server for which I have loaded Visual Studio 2010 and the Silverlight 4 components using the web installer. The project works fine on my local machine, however when I try to use this under IIS7 it fails when trying to run a query stating LoadOperation failed. Also if I try to browse one of the SVC files I have in the web solution i get 404 not found which is the same information I get back from Fiddler. Please help as I spent all day trying to get this to function with no joy. One strange thing is that under my IIS under Windows 7 when I look at the handlers section i can see handlers for SVC etc where as on the Windows 2008 IIS these do not exist, bloody IIS7 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-(

Hopefully these Telerik Silverlight Guru's can provide some assistance?

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
answered on 21 Jul 2010, 02:13 PM
Hi madladuk,

This article helped in the past.

Hope it helps to you too.

Sincerely yours,
Veskoni
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
madladuk
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 21 Jul 2010, 02:35 PM
Hi thanks for that. I had tried that previously however it seems the information is for .NET 3 whereas I am using Silverlight 4 under .NET 4.0

P
Stefan Dobrev
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jul 2010, 03:09 PM
Hi madladuk,

Will this blog post from our friend Sahil do the work for you?

Best wishes,
Stefan Dobrev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
madladuk
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 23 Jul 2010, 01:02 PM
Sorted it, posted a link here; Blog
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
madladuk
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by