This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Problem With RadHtmlPlaceHolder in Silverlight using Rad Window

7 Answers 72 Views
HTMLPlaceHolder
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Bhopal
Top achievements
Rank 1
Bhopal asked on 20 Mar 2014, 07:46 AM
Hi All,

I have a requirement to shown a html page in RadWindow in Silverlight application. it totally silverlight based. 
i have used RadHtmlPlaceHolder and it working fine. but the i am facing an major problem with this, 

1. If any silverlight notification or exception occurred, it is showing behind the RadHtmlPlaceHolder,(Please refer the Attached screen shot) 
2. When we move the window, the content of RadHtmlPlaceHolder will hide till we leave the window.

could anyone help me to short-out these problems.

Thanks in Advance..
Bhopal Saini

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
answered on 24 Mar 2014, 03:03 PM
Hello Bhopal,

The RadHtmlPlaceHolder content is rendered in an IFrame element, which floats above the Silverlight plugin. For the moment the only workaround I can offer is to set the Visibility of the control to Collapsed while displaying other Silverlight content over it. Note that we recommend using the RadHtmlPlaceHolder in combination with RadWindow, because this suggests that the content in the window is expected to be displayed on top of everything else.

As for your second question this behavior is set on purpose. The reason behind this is the fact that the placeholder cannot be animated and therefore the drag operation is not smooth if the placeholder is displayed. On top of that, the built-in integration between the two components makes sure that the RadHtmlPlaceholder is properly positioned within the new bounds of the window after a drag or resizing operation.

Regards,

Martin
Telerik

Build cross-platform mobile apps using Visual Studio and .NET. Register for the online webinar on 03/27/2014, 11:00AM US ET.. Seats are limited.

Beto
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 25 Jun 2014, 09:05 PM
Hi Bhopal

If you need use maps, try with 

​http://www.microsoft.com/maps/isdk/silverlight/#MapControlInteractiveSdk.Tutorials.TutorialDefaultMap

and 

https://developers.arcgis.com/silverlight/sample-code/start.htm#Map

this way, you will not have problems with messages

Regards
Alberto Pinzón

Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
answered on 26 Jun 2014, 10:33 AM
Hello guys,

Note that our Silverlight suit also have a map control that can be used to visualize rich geographical information. RadMap allows adding elements and shapes to it and also supports items virtualization through web services. In addition the map control uses different providers from which it consumes its data.  Also, like the other controls from our suit you can apply different themes to the RadMap in order for its styling to be consistent with the rest of the controls.

To see our RadMap in different scenarios you can take a look at its demos and the repository with the SDK examples.

Regards,
Martin
Telerik

Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.

Bhopal
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Jul 2014, 05:14 AM
Hi Martin\Alberto,

Thanks for your response, but my problem is something different, i have implement Google map with Silverlight. 

as i seen in the map link that you suggested, Google map provider is not available in the list.

Thanks,
Bhopal Saini
Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
answered on 04 Jul 2014, 02:30 PM
Hello Bhopal,

Currently using the custom Google Maps provider with the RadMap control is not possible. This is caused by the fact that you can't use the Google map JavaScript API from the Silverlight application directly (the Silverlight doesn't have access to the map services).

Furthermore, the map doesn't support officially custom implementations of the Google map providers, because it would break Google map API license polices.

Regards,
Martin
Telerik

Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.

Bhopal
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Jul 2014, 08:24 AM
Hi Martin,

i have already aware about the Google map API licence polices that why i used Google map API in a simple ASPX page and showing in the iframe with Absolute position. but this is not a good solution.

I am searching some best solution for this.

Thanks,
Bhopal Saini

Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jul 2014, 03:54 PM
Hello Bhopal,

I understand your case, but as you know since Google doesn't allow other technologies than Flash and Javascript to use its maps the RadMap won't work for you. However, technically the RadMap can work with Google cartography, if their policy didn't forbid its usage in Silverlight.

Regards,
Martin
Telerik

Tags
HTMLPlaceHolder
Asked by
Bhopal
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
Beto
Top achievements
Rank 2