This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Problem with radDatePicker

12 Answers 269 Views
Calendar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Carlos
Top achievements
Rank 1
Carlos asked on 29 Jun 2009, 01:35 PM
hi, i have a problem.
I'm using the radDatePicker.
When I selected the date 18-oct-2009 or penultimate sunday of october at another year, the picker change the date for another date.
i try it on demo "http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/calendar/examples/datepicker/custompopup/defaultcs.aspx" and i have the same problem.

Obs.: It always change to 1 day ago.

Version: RadControls for ASPNET AJAX Q2 2008
Framework 2.0
Language: C#
Browser: FireFox Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; pt-BR; rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060215 Firefox/3.0.11
               Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.5512.xpsp_sp3_gdr
               Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702IC

It's work on
              Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13

thanks.

12 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Yavor
Telerik team
answered on 02 Jul 2009, 07:32 AM
Hello Carlos,

I tested the setup which you mentioned, and the control behaved as expected. The data was properly selected.
Attached to this message, is a screenshot of the application. Take a look at it and let me know if this is the expected behavior, or if I am leaving something out.

Kind regards,
Yavor
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Carlos
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Jul 2009, 07:27 PM
Hi,

where can I access the demo you try it? I want to see this exemple , maybe there have the answer i need.
I didn't found this exemple.

thanks.
Carlos
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Jul 2009, 07:40 PM
I found it, but doesn't work here.
I don't know what happened.
I'm using Win XP PT-Br, it's a problem or not?
Try it at 3 machines and 1 work and 2 doesn't work.

All have the same S.O. and Service Pack

Yavor
Telerik team
answered on 07 Jul 2009, 08:38 AM

Hello Carlos,

Can you please provide the details for the three different machines? OS, localization settings, VS version, controls version? Based upon this information, I will double-test the sample locally.

All the best,

Yavor
the Telerik team

Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Patricio Milán
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Oct 2009, 03:27 PM
Hi Telerik Team, I found the similar problem with the RadDatePicker, the problem occurs to select the second sunday of october of any year. The control substract one day showing in the textbox one day ago.
IE if you choose 11/10/2009 the text shows 10/10/2009
The problem has been founded in the demo page too.
Mi environment is:
SO: Windows Vista Ultimate Spanish
Browser: IE8, IE7, Mozilla Firefox 3.0.5 and Mozilla Firefox 3.5.3

Patricio Milán M.

Jefe de Departamento de Software y Arquitectura – División Tecnología

Dirección de Compras y Contratación Pública

Ministerio de Hacienda

Gobierno de Chile

Monjitas 392, piso 8, Santiago - Código Postal 832-0113

( Tel

: (56 2) 290 44 49 

Ê

Fax: (56 2) 290 44 58

* e-mail: patricio.milan@chilecompra.cl www.chilecompra.cl

Yavor
Telerik team
answered on 07 Oct 2009, 11:31 AM
Hello Patricio,

We tested the setup under Vista, with spanish settings and a Chile location. The control behaved as expected. This is demonstrated in the screenshot attached to this message.

Best wishes,
Yavor
the Telerik team

Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Patricio Milán
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Oct 2009, 03:32 PM
Hi, I made this video http://foros.chilecompra.cl/Telerik_date/Telerik_date.htm that shows the problem with the control.

Patricio Milán M.
Yavor
Telerik team
answered on 12 Oct 2009, 07:58 AM
Hello Patricio,

Can you please also specify the country/regional settings, which are actually applied to the machine? Are you able to replicate the same behavior on different machines/configurations as well?

Kind regards,
Yavor
the Telerik team

Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Ganesh Pote
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Mar 2012, 11:40 AM
Hello Team,

I am also facing same problem with Telerik RadDatePicker control. When users select date from out of the country, the control substract one day from selected date while server processing.

For example - if I select 30 March 2012 then at server side I'm getting 29 March 2012.

Could you please help on this?

Thanks & Regards,
Ganesh D. Pote

Vasil
Telerik team
answered on 21 Mar 2012, 12:59 PM
Hi Ganesh Pote,

It was due to Daylight Saving Time. There was a lot of written in the forums, you could search to find the discussions from last year.

In short when you select 30 March 2012 00:00:00. It turns back to 29 March 2012 23:00:00. Which is the previous day. And this happens because due to the DST the 30 March 2012 00.00.00 actually does not exist as time. In given region two seconds after 29 March 2012 22:59:59 the time is 30 March 2012 00:00:01.

We did some improvements in the DateInput to be able to handle when you change the time part explicitly on valueChanging. And then introduced a workaround that to work for days with DST changes.
You could download the latest version of the controls (Or any other version after Q3 2011) and use script like:
<script type="text/javascript">
  function valueChanging(sender, args)
  {
    if (args.get_newValue() == "3/29/2011")
    {
      args.set_newValue("2/29/2011 01:00 AM");
    }
  }

</script>
<telerik:RadDatePicker runat="server" DateInput-ClientEvents-OnValueChanging="valueChanging">
</telerik:RadDatePicker>

All the best,
Vasil
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Nicolaï
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 19 Jul 2012, 07:10 AM
This is problematic...
When working with a date field in a database. There is no time part...
Then you go to javascript, and it really needs a time clause for dates... Causing real trouble if you want to do some date range calculations client side...

Suggestion: a real telerikDate object? Absolutely no time part in it... Many scenarios where you only need dates. Doesn't really make sense to include time shifts, causing a user selected date to change.
Vasil
Telerik team
answered on 23 Jul 2012, 02:25 PM
Hello Nicolaï,

We are researching on ways for storing and displaying only date and only time parts when updating records with RadGrid if the database supports them. We are working on some solutions for the next release but at this time I could not promise that it will be implemented.

Regards,
Vasil
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Calendar
Asked by
Carlos
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Yavor
Telerik team
Carlos
Top achievements
Rank 1