Problem with map markers in IE 11 after deploying solution to server

4 posts, 1 answers
  1. Louis
    Louis avatar
    3 posts
    Member since:
    Mar 2014

    Posted 07 Jul 2015 Link to this post

     I built a small test application following the documention on the website and part of the functionality I have included is changing the color of the markers based on some conditions.  The markers are either green, yellow or red.  After I got everything working the way I wanted it I deployed my solution to my server and when running from the server every marker is reddish orange with a solid white circle in the center when run from IE 11.  When running from chrome the makers work normally (but the selection checkboxes disappear in my combobox).
  2. Louis
    Louis avatar
    3 posts
    Member since:
    Mar 2014

    Posted 07 Jul 2015 Link to this post

    Here is the  css I used for the color assignment:

     

    .RadMap .k-marker.k-marker-no:before {
                color: red;
            }

            .RadMap .k-marker.k-marker-yes:before {
                color: green;
            }

            .RadMap .k-marker.k-marker-other:before {
                color: yellow;
            }

  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. Answer
    Ianko
    Admin
    Ianko avatar
    1535 posts

    Posted 09 Jul 2015 Link to this post

    Hi Louis,

    Seeing the attached snapshots, I can surely define that IE goes to compatibility mode, thus, the browser engine is IE7. By that, the rendered markers are not styled via pseudo classes, but with images instead. 

    The most appropriate way to resolve is to define why the compatibility mode is getting enabled and prevent that.

    If you rather need the compatibility, you should customize the markers by using images—http://docs.telerik.com/devtools/aspnet-ajax/controls/map/appearance-and-styling/customizing-markers-in-radmap#change-markers-image.
     
    Regards,
    Ianko
    Telerik
  5. Louis
    Louis avatar
    3 posts
    Member since:
    Mar 2014

    Posted 09 Jul 2015 Link to this post

    That was indeed the problem.  Adding the following tag to my site made it work properly when deployed to the server.

     <add name="X-UA-Compatible" value="IE=edge" />

     Thank you for your assistance.

Back to Top