This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Problem with Live Example Radcontrols for ASP.Net Ajax 2009 Q3 SP2

5 Answers 63 Views
Installer and VS Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Arshavir
Top achievements
Rank 1
Arshavir asked on 23 Jan 2011, 11:34 AM
Hi,

I have Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 and VS 2008.
I had successfully installed Telerik 2009 Q3, but when I run Live Example Rad Control, page shows "sys is undefined" JS error and all of controls shows like a lot of bullet.
I tried all of related solutions in this forum but the problem is still exist.
In the other hand I have the same problem when I use controls in VS2008.
It seems very unusual :-)
Any ideas?

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 24 Jan 2011, 11:05 AM
Hi Arshavir,

Can you check the control panel for ASP.NET AJAX Extensions 1.0? If existing, can you please, follow the steps below:

• remove the ASP.NET AJAX Extensions 1.0;
  • download the official package;
  • install it

Kind regards,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team
Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
Arshavir
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Jan 2011, 11:03 PM
Dear Erjan,
thanks for your reply.
I remove and install official package again but the problem is still exist. is there any other solution?

Best,
Edward
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Jan 2011, 03:22 PM
Hi,

After some looking around the web, it seems the issue may be related to bugs in Internet Explorer 6. I discovered the following post in the official ASP.NET forums:
'Sys' is undefined

I know you mentioned you've gone through the Telerik forums, but just in case, here are my findings after doing the same:
Common reasons for the ‘Sys is undefined’ error in ASP.NET Ajax applications
Sys is undefined

BR,
Eddie
Arshavir
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Feb 2011, 05:53 PM
Dear Edward,

Thanks for your suggestions, unfortunately I tried all of them before and it doesn't work.
I installed VS2010 and RadControls 2010 Q3. page runs without any error but controls do not run complete. for example all images in radeditor toolbar are missing (please see attached file).
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 16 Feb 2011, 02:48 PM
Hi Arshavir,

You could experience this problem after an application restart. The toolbar image sprite used by the different tools is loaded from the embedded resources in the Telerik.Web.UI.dll which and has a dynamic url. When the application is restarted, the web browser is trying to load the old invalid path to the embedded resource, but not the newly generated one.

You can easily fix this browser caching problem, by registering the skin of RadEditor from a CDN server or the external skins of the control which have fixed paths.

Best regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team
Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
Tags
Installer and VS Extensions
Asked by
Arshavir
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
Arshavir
Top achievements
Rank 1