This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Problem with installation of telerik 2013 Q1

1 Answer 23 Views
General Information
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
manuelmoraga
Top achievements
Rank 1
manuelmoraga asked on 23 Mar 2017, 08:39 PM

I have problem installing telerik 2013 Q1, my pc has installed the 2010 version, and wanting to install the 2013 Q1 marks an error, I also wanted to install it on another new formatted and updated PC, on both computers I have installed the visual studio 2010 and I get the Same error with executable RadControlsForAspNetAjaxControlPanel_2013_1_220:

Application Version: 2013.1.425.0
Description: Application needs to close
Details:
System.InvalidOperationException: Could not parse ControlPanelReleaseInfo.FileVersion.

Server stack trace:
   en Telerik.CommonInstaller.Application.Services.UpdateService.CheckControlPanelUpdateAvailable()
   en Telerik.CommonInstaller.ControlPanel.Helpers.UpdateHelper.CheckForUpdate()
   en Telerik.CommonInstaller.ControlPanel.ViewModels.LoginPageViewModel.<OnAfterLogin>b__7()
   en System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs)
   en System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   en System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)
   en System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)
   en System.Func`1.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)
   en Telerik.CommonInstaller.ControlPanel.ViewModels.LoginPageViewModel.<>c__DisplayClassa.<>c__DisplayClassc.<OnAfterLogin>b__9()
   en System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   en System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler).

And when I run the installer Telerik_ASP_NET_Web_Parts_2013_1_220_for_SharePoint_2010_Dev I get the following error:

This installation requires elevated privileges. Run the setup wizard with elevated privileges (run the setup through a console started as Administrator)

I already ran the 2 executables as an administrator and I still get the same errors. Can anyone help me with this, thanks in advance.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Dyanko
Telerik team
answered on 24 Mar 2017, 08:05 AM
Hi Manuel,

Thank you for reaching us.

It seems you are using very old version of the Telerik Control Panel which is deprecated as a breaking change was introduced. I suggest you to download the latest version of the application. Here is a direct address in order to download the latest version: LINK

Please let us know if any questions occur.

Regards,
Dyanko
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Information
Asked by
manuelmoraga
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dyanko
Telerik team
Share this question
or