This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Permission problem with Link Manager - 403 FORBIDDEN

2 Answers 73 Views
WebParts for SharePoint
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
domack
Top achievements
Rank 1
domack asked on 25 Jun 2008, 08:29 AM
A user belongs to a group which has "Manage Hierarchy" + "Approve" permissions to a site (site x) deep down in the site structure. The user also belongs to Visitors and have Read rights everywhere else.
The user uses the Link Manager to add a link to a page in "site x", but when browsing to a site further up in the site structure where the user only has Read permissions a blank page with "403 FORBIDDEN" is displayed.

My guess is that the users is missing permissions somewhere in the filesystem but I haven't manage to found out where. Help appreciated!
Thanks, Marcus

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Lini
Telerik team
answered on 26 Jun 2008, 01:15 PM
Hello Marcus,

I assume that you are talking about the MOSS Asset Picker dialog for links. Unfortunately we do not have the source code for that - we simply call the dialog and then take whatever value it returns and insert it in the editor.
You might get more information about this issue on the MS newsgroups for MOSS 2007.

That being said, if the problem happens right after the user clicks the "Up" button for the first time, then the problem must be in the permissions for the parent site. What you can try is giving the user permissions for the Site Collection Documents library in the root site of the site collection, because there is a button on the link dialog that takes the user directly to that library.

Greetings,
Lini
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
domack
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Jun 2008, 08:55 AM
Yes you're right of course, this has nothing to do with the radEditor. Thanks for the tip anyway, even though it was not the solution to my problem.

BR, Marcus
Tags
WebParts for SharePoint
Asked by
domack
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Lini
Telerik team
domack
Top achievements