This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Performance Issues

1 Answer 84 Views
Chart
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
developer
Top achievements
Rank 2
developer asked on 26 Jun 2012, 02:14 PM
I was wondering what the capabilities are of the Telerik charts.  I want to chart live data as fast as possible without losing performance.  The current way it is integrated, the performance is good, but after I like it chart for awhile, the performance starts to suffer and I start getting delayed responses and inaccuracies.  I am trying to figure out of this is normal for Telerik controls or if it's something with the code that's written.  Note: I am logging all the data as well to use for playback features, I realize this might be taking up system resources too? 

Microsoft Pro XP SP3
i5 3.60GHz
3.49 GB RAM
ATI FirePro V4800 GPU

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ves
Telerik team
answered on 29 Jun 2012, 11:26 AM
Hi Kevin,

My suggestion would be to take a look at RadChartView. It has been designed to address some of the limitations and issues in RadChart, including performance. You can find a detailed comparison in this help topic. I would suggest giving it a try and if the problem with decreasing performance remains -- please, send us more details about the control configuration, data etc.

Best regards,
Ves
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Tags
Chart
Asked by
developer
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Ves
Telerik team
Share this question
or