This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Performance issue

2 Answers 176 Views
ScheduleView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
ITA
Top achievements
Rank 1
ITA asked on 08 Jul 2015, 12:52 PM

Hi,

i tried out the "Appointment Template" wpf Example. Is there a way to get a better performance. It's loading a long time?

Thanks

regards

rene

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nasko
Telerik team
answered on 09 Jul 2015, 08:34 AM
Hello Rene,

A performance delay in RadScheduleView concerning the Appointments could be observed when the AppointmentStyle is too complex or a lot Appointments are trying to be loaded at the same time. So what we could suggest you in order to improve the performance is:

1. Edit the Appointment Style - simplifying it will improve significantly the performance. Please, check the following article from our help documentation that demonstrates how to achieve this:
http://docs.telerik.com/devtools/wpf/controls/radscheduleview/styles-and-templates/appointment-style.html#_Using_the_AppointmentStyleSelector_to_style_Appointments
2. The second approach that we could suggest you is to load the Appointments depending on the visual range of RadScheduleView - please, check this sample project from our Silverlight online demos (it is the same for WPF) that demonstrates that.

Hopes the provided information will help you.

Regards,
Nasko
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Laure
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 01 Sep 2021, 08:11 AM

Hi, 

maybe this is a late answer but I think it can be useful.

In my case, I was using some simple appointment style with some images and showing thousands of appointments on the scheduleview.

It was terribly long.

First of all, I changed my method to show only the appointments of 3 months.  m-1, m, m+1 in month view. The same logic for week view.

And in every VisibleRangeChanged event refreshed the appointmentssource.

Finally, fFor some appointments, the image path was wrong.

As the wpf takes time to check if the image exists or not, it was taking too much time to show a dozen appointments.

I changed the image path and the performance issue disappeared. 

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Coskun OZOGUL

Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
commented on 03 Sep 2021, 03:18 PM

Thank you for sharing your solution, Laure.
Tags
ScheduleView
Asked by
ITA
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nasko
Telerik team
Laure
Top achievements
Rank 1