PDF MetaData

5 posts, 2 answers
  1. Tom
    Tom avatar
    5 posts

Posted 10 Nov 2014 Link to this post

Hi,
    Where can I find the metadata of a PDF file e.g. the Author of a document.
    I use the RadFixedDocument class - wrong?

(UI for WinForms, v.2014.1.226.20)

Thanx in advance
    Tom

2. Answer
    Petya
    Admin
    Petya avatar
    975 posts

Posted 13 Nov 2014 Link to this post

Hi Tom,

At this point the RadPdfProcessing library does not allow to set metadata to the exported PDF document. The feature is on top of our backlog and hopefully we will be able to implement it for Q1 2015. You can follow the item in our feedback portal related to this to be notified about our progress: Implement support for meta tags.

Regards,
    Petya
    Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

3. Tom
    Tom avatar
    5 posts

Posted 17 Nov 2014 in reply to Petya Link to this post

Hi Petya,
    thanks for the response. Primarily I want the READ the metadata (especially the author's name) of any PDF document - is there any way to do this?

Regards
    Tom
  4. Answer
    Petya
    Admin
    Petya avatar
    975 posts

Posted 18 Nov 2014 Link to this post

Hello,

I'm afraid I cannot suggest a way to achieve that. When importing a document with the RadPdfProcessing library it is translated to the internal document model with base class RadFixedDocument. However, for the time being the model has no concept of metadata, so there is no way to preserve that information.

Regards,
    Petya
    Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

5. Tom
    Tom avatar
    5 posts

Posted 18 Nov 2014 in reply to Petya Link to this post

Hello Petya, 
    ok, thanks - I got it.
    Regards
    Tom