This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

PDF MetaData

4 Answers 260 Views
PdfProcessing
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Tom
Top achievements
Rank 1
Tom asked on 10 Nov 2014, 01:45 PM
Hi,
Where can I find the metadata of a PDF file e.g. the Author of a document.
I use the RadFixedDocument class - wrong?

(UI for WinForms, v.2014.1.226.20)

Thanx in advance
Tom

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Petya
Telerik team
answered on 13 Nov 2014, 09:33 AM
Hi Tom,

At this point the RadPdfProcessing library does not allow to set metadata to the exported PDF document. The feature is on top of our backlog and hopefully we will be able to implement it for Q1 2015. You can follow the item in our feedback portal related to this to be notified about our progress: Implement support for meta tags.

Regards,
Petya
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tom
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Nov 2014, 08:45 AM
Hi Petya,
thanks for the response. Primarily I want the READ the metadata (especially the author's name) of any PDF document - is there any way to do this?

Regards
Tom
Accepted
Petya
Telerik team
answered on 18 Nov 2014, 03:34 PM
Hello,

I'm afraid I cannot suggest a way to achieve that. When importing a document with the RadPdfProcessing library it is translated to the internal document model with base class RadFixedDocument. However, for the time being the model has no concept of metadata, so there is no way to preserve that information.

Regards,
Petya
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tom
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Nov 2014, 04:44 PM
Hello Petya, 
ok, thanks - I got it.
Regards
Tom
Bhavya
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 25 May 2022, 08:11 AM

Hi Petya,

Is there anyway we can directly read metadata values(columns) from pdf .

Thanks and Regards,

Bhavya.

Tanya
Telerik team
commented on 26 May 2022, 01:05 PM

Hi Bhavya,

PdfProcessing currently supports exporting the Title, Author, and Description properties for a PDF document. For the other functionalities, we have an open request in our public feedback portal: PdfProcessing: Import and export of custom document info properties. You can use this item to vote for the implementation of the task and subscribe to it using the Follow button so you can receive updates about status changes.

Hope this information is useful.

Tags
PdfProcessing
Asked by
Tom
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Petya
Telerik team
Tom
Top achievements