This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

PDF Generation?

5 Answers 336 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Nathan J Pledger
Top achievements
Rank 2
Nathan J Pledger asked on 17 Jun 2009, 09:56 AM
Hi,

We need to generate a PDF on the fly based on an existing template. This will operate on ASP.NET, possibly within Windows Workflow.

I see creating the template of the page in Telerik Reporting, and populating the (simple) fields in the page, then exporting the result to PDF, saving on the web server for onward email.

Is this possible within Telerik Reports? I do not want user interaction, so no Report Viewer is wanted. Just a Report that I can design, compile, populate a few fields and generate a PDF automatically.

Is this possible with your product?

Thanks,

Nathan

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nathan J Pledger
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 17 Jun 2009, 11:50 AM
So I see that it is after trying it.

I have generated a PDF, which has two textboxes on which comes in at a whopping 414Kb for a single page.

Is there anyway to reduce/optimise/compress this?

Accepted
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 17 Jun 2009, 02:00 PM
Hello Nathan,

I believe the following articles answer your questions:
As a new user to Telerik Reporting, in order to get familiar in a fast and pretty straight-forward manner with our Reporting offering, I suggest you visit the online resources linked below:

Online examples
Online documentation
KB articles
Code library
Video Tutorials

Of course, you can browse the public forum as well in order to find specific information/code sample concerning an aspect of the Reporting features. There are numerous threads which can get you started/assist you through the development process.

Regards,
Steve
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Nathan J Pledger
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 17 Jun 2009, 04:23 PM
Thanks, Steve.

That's perfect. Looks like we might be able to use your product to replace Crystal Reports, too.
Joe
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Jan 2010, 10:05 PM
Steve, your link to "The Exported File is Very Big" is not working. Is there a new knowledge-base article to replace it?
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 01 Feb 2010, 12:37 PM
Hi Joe,

We've made reorganization of the KB articles in different categories. If you enter the general Reporting KB page, you would see all available articles.

Best wishes,
Steve
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Nathan J Pledger
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Nathan J Pledger
Top achievements
Rank 2
Steve
Telerik team