While testing version 184.108.40.206 we came across a strange issue with Paragraph Styles and also noticed that this issue also occurs on your online demo version.
We are running MOSS 2007 and IE8.
When Paragraph Styles such as Heading 1, Heading 2, Heading 3, etc, have been applied to a list of Headings and then you try to turn those heading styles back into Normal text, the RadEditor focus jumps and also each heading is placed right next to each other horizontally.
This is a little difficult to explain, so please try out the following test to understand it better:
- Go to the "ASP.NET Editor Demo - First Look" demo on your site.
- Keep the existing content there (so that you will be able to see how the RadEditor focus jumps when you do the following.)
- Create a list with the following. Each line should be a seperate paragraph or bullet point:
- Heading 1
- Heading 2
- Heading 3
- Heading 4
- Heading 5
- Apply the corresponding Paragraph Style to each Heading, i.e. apply the Heading 1 style to the text "Heading 1", apply the Heading 2 style to the text "Heading 2", etc. right down to Heading 5.
- Now select the text "Heading 5" and change the Paragraph Style to Normal.
- Now select the text "Heading 4" and change the Paragraph Style to Normal. The text has correctly changed to Normal but the RadEditor focus has jumped and the text for Heading 4 and Heading 5 have merged onto the same line, i.e. "Heading 4Heading 5".
- Select the text "Heading 3" and change the Paragraph Style to Normal. Again the RadEditor jumps and the text shows as "Heading 3Heading 4Heading 5".
- The same issue continues right up to "Heading 1" where the RadEditor focus jumps and you are left with the result "Heading 1Heading 2Heading 3Heading 4Heading 5".
I hope that has all made sense. Any ideas as to why this happens and what can be done to fix this?