This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

paging not working

2 Answers 90 Views
XmlHttpPanel
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
vikram kamalapur
Top achievements
Rank 1
vikram kamalapur asked on 06 Nov 2009, 06:18 AM
Hi ,,

Please help me with this.

I am using the xmlhttppanel callback to update my asp.net gridview ...actaully when i am doing this..paging is not working for gridview ,,,anf paging event handler is not getting called..but in the normal postback it is working.i have set the 

EnableSortingAndPagingCallbacks =true for the gridview..

please provide me with solution..
 thanks

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Pero
Telerik team
answered on 11 Nov 2009, 09:14 AM
Hi Vikram,

The RadXmlHttpPanel uses client callbacks or web services to update its content. In your case I suppose you are using callbacks.

In a client callback the page does not go through its normal life cycle but a modified version of it. There is no viewstate and server side events of the controls are not executed. That is why the paging (and sorting) is not working - the server code in the corresponding event handlers will not be executed. Even if you have set EnableSortingAndPagingCallbacks="true" the paging will not work, because these methods that handle the paging and sorting of the gridview (I suppose implemented internally in the asp:GridView control) will not get executed. Also, because there is no ViewState (the methods that manage[Save, Load] the ViewState are not executed) in the client callbacks, if you update the content through the XmlHttpPanel - the Page Index will be returned to the latest saved value in the ViewState.

This being said, my suggestion in your case is to use the RadAjaxPanel (or UpdatePanel) which is more flexible and can be used in just about any scenario. 

Sincerely yours,
Pero
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
vikram kamalapur
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Nov 2009, 05:41 AM
thanks Pero ,

i am using updatepanel and inside the updatepanel i have xmlhttppanel(using  callback) and inside that asp gridview..its working fine.

thanks for the suggestion,.
Tags
XmlHttpPanel
Asked by
vikram kamalapur
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Pero
Telerik team
vikram kamalapur
Top achievements