This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Package Installation Error

2 Answers 78 Views
Getting Started
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Roger
Top achievements
Rank 2
Veteran
Roger asked on 23 Oct 2012, 04:55 PM
Hi:

I have Visual Studio 2010 and 2012 RC.  I downloaded and installed ORM latest version and went to follow the Quick Start Tutorial.  In VS2010, I created a Telerik Access Web Application and it started out fine.  However, when I tried to create the same in VS 2012, I got a Package Installatoin Error - Could not add all required packages to the project.  The following packages failed to install from C:\Program Files\Microsoft Web Tooling Extensions\Packages:  jQuery1.7.1.1 .... and long list.  

I'm able to create other non Telerik Web Applications.  

Any Suggestions greatly appreciated!
Roger

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Alexander
Telerik team
answered on 26 Oct 2012, 11:50 AM
Hello Roger,

There was a breaking change in the Web Application template of Visual Studio 2012 between the RC and RTM versions. We wanted to comply with the latest official version of VS11, so we updated our templates to work with the RTM release.

Updating VS11 is one of the possible solutions for you, however it is the most time-consuming. If you do not want to update at the moment, please just use the standard Web Application template provided by Visual Studio and create the domain model manually by executing the Create Domain Model wizard of OpenAccess.
Hope that helps.

Regards,
Alexander
the Telerik team
Telerik OpenAccess ORM Meets ASP.NET Web API. Read more.
Roger
Top achievements
Rank 2
Veteran
answered on 26 Oct 2012, 01:42 PM
Thanks Alexander - I've updated to RTM and it seems to be working fine.

Roger
Tags
Getting Started
Asked by
Roger
Top achievements
Rank 2
Veteran
Answers by
Alexander
Telerik team
Roger