ORM upgrade to 2011

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Gopinath
    Gopinath avatar
    21 posts

Posted 20 Dec 2011 Link to this post

Hello,

I just upgraded telerik orm version from 2009 to 2011.2. I did used upgrade references option to fix the reference issues. Also my project was using telerik.openacess.query. I removed it and included 35.extensions.dll

Below are the issues I find after the upgrade:

1. some of my code is using Iobjectscopequery object. After the upgrade I am getting an error that 'cannot resolve Iobjectscopequery' object.
    2. Getting a warning "Warning 5 OpenAccess Warning: No persistent classes found. Is the metadata information missing?"

3. "Found conflicts between different versions of the same dependent assembly". this error recommends to add a redirect in the config file. Below is the code that it adds in the app.config. Why is this needed? will it cause any issues?

<

runtime>

<

assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">

<

dependentAssembly>

<

assemblyIdentity name="Telerik.OpenAccess" publicKeyToken="7CE17EEAF1D59342" culture="neutral"/>

<

bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-2011.2.713.3" newVersion="2011.2.713.3"/>

</

dependentAssembly>

</

assemblyBinding>

</

runtime>

Could you please assist?
  2. Ady
    Admin
    Ady avatar
    588 posts

Posted 22 Dec 2011 Link to this post

Hello,

1) Is there some typo error in your post? There is not type with the name 'IObjectScopeQuery' in the OpenAccess API. There is an 'IObjectScope' and an 'IQuery' interface. Can you provide the actual code that causes this error?
     2) The error 'No persistent classes found. Is the metadata information missing?'  usually indicates that the assembly with the persistent classes is not enhanced.
    3) The binding redirect entry is used to redirect an assembly reference to the another version of that assembly. The entry will redirect to the 2011.2.713.3 version of the Telerik.OpenAccess assembly.

Are you using the 'classic' approach of the product or the domain model approach?  Which OpenAccess assembly references do you have in your project?

All the best,
    Ady
    the Telerik team

Q3’11 of Telerik OpenAccess ORM is available for download. Register for the What's New in Data Tools webinar to see what's new and get a chance to WIN A FREE LICENSE!

3. DevCraft banner