This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

5 Answers 291 Views
Web Services
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Libertad
Top achievements
Rank 1
Libertad asked on 26 Aug 2011, 11:26 PM
Hi,
I've created a DataService using DSW from an EntitiesModel which is created from an Oracle database.
When I was creating this EntitiesModel I choose a prefix to be added to all of my classes (tables name).
Now when I try to get access to a table of my DB using the DataService I face the message "ORA-00942: table or view does not exist"

here is my code to call the table content:

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            var dm = new DataManager();
            GridView1.DataSource = dm.RN_USERSs; // original table name is USERS
            GridView1.DataBind();
        }

Why OpenAccessModel cannot specify prefixes?

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivailo
Telerik team
answered on 01 Sep 2011, 07:40 AM
Hello Majid,

Just to note in this thread that following our communication in your support ticket regarding the same issue, we are already working on it. We will contact you on the support ticket in case we need any details.

When there are any final results, I will post them on the forum thread as well for future references.

Regards,
Ivailo
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's SQL Server Community Awards. We are competing in TWO categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Libertad
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Sep 2011, 07:59 AM
Thank you Ivailo 
I'm waiting for that.
Stefano
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Oct 2011, 07:58 AM
I have the same problem. Any suggestion?
Libertad
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Oct 2011, 03:19 PM
Check the Error List window of Visual Studio - it will show the problems and you will be able to fix them through the OpenAccess ORM Validation window, which will open automatically when you double click the errors. 

In order to find out how to handle issues with missing primary keys, you can refer to this article. If there are any other errors in your Error List, you can use the information and recommendations of the Validation window to try to resolve them or you can get back to us with the error messages.
Ivailo
Telerik team
answered on 13 Oct 2011, 07:53 AM
Hi Guys,

First of all, Majid is correct in his recommendations, so let me say thanks for the support.

The only thing I would add is that this error could be a result of different problems in your mapping, one of which is the missing primary key. Another problem that is frequently encountered is a wrong table to class mapping - check if all of your Domain Classes are mapped properly to the tables you want to use. You can verify that for each class if you click on Edit Table item of the class context menu or alternatively you can verify in the Model Schema Explorer that all the tables are added to the Domain Model (the ones that are not mapped to a class would be grayed out).

I hope that helps. Do not hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance on this.

All the best,
Ivailo
the Telerik team

Check out the latest stable build of Telerik OpenAccess ORM. Download it and benefit from our new Project Templates.

Tags
Web Services
Asked by
Libertad
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ivailo
Telerik team
Libertad
Top achievements
Rank 1