After upgrading to the new OpenAccess 2010 release 527, a number of unwanted blocking problems presented themselves:
- The OpenAccess menu item was not visible in the Telerik menu in VS2010
- The Data Services Wizard crashed on launch
- No OpenAccess related context menus were available in the Solution Explorer
- Running a compiled application with updated references yielded "No enhanced assembly has been found for meta-data construction"
Hours and hours of "Binging" & "Googling" didn't provide the answer I needed. I finally found the problem:
I develop as a standard windows user without administrative privileges to ensure my apps run well without elevated privileges. This proved to be fatal for Windows 7, VS 2010 and OpenAccess to work together. I changed the permissions on the folders C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\OpenAccess ORM and below, so that the Users group has modify permissions and removed the read-only flag from the same folders.
@Telerik: please update your installer to accomodate for this issue.