This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

OpenAccess 2010.2.713

1 Answer 66 Views
Getting Started
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
terry
Top achievements
Rank 1
terry asked on 14 Jul 2010, 08:26 PM
Hi

I just downloaded and installed the newest version of OpenAccess, I was able to create a model with a couple of entities, however I'm not able to add an association between them. At first I was getting an error that the entities needed to be mapped to a table. So using the OA model explorer I was able to generate and execute the SQL to have the tables created in the DB. However I'm still not able to create an association between the entities. 

Can you explain how this is done or point me to documentation that shows how its done ?

In the error list window I have a couple of warning that the persistent class is not associated with a table, how do I associate a persistent class with a table ? There is nothing in the properties window that would allow me to associate the class to a table.

Thanks Terry

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Zoran
Telerik team
answered on 15 Jul 2010, 09:28 AM
Hi terry,

Yes it is not possible to create an association at the moment between classes that are not mapped to a table in the designer. However this will not be the case in the next internal build or service pack as this functionality is part of our plans but, unfortunately we were not able to deliver it for this version. There is a workaround at the moment and you have to accomplish the following steps in order to achieve you goal:

1.  Perform "Update From Database" in order to import the tables that the "Update Database from Model" wizard has created. 
  2. Associate each class with its corresponding table. You can accomplish this in the "Mapping Details Editor". 
You can find more information regarding the "Mapping Details Editor" in our documentation under: OpenAccess ORM Visual Designer > OpenAccess Model Tools > Visual Designer > Mapping Details Editor.

I hope this helps you to accomplish your goal .Please have in mind that this is just a temporary workaround which will not be necessary in our future service pack or internal build versions.

Best wishes,
Zoran
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Getting Started
Asked by
terry
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Zoran
Telerik team
Share this question
or