This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Office 2013 theme

16 Answers 350 Views
Themes and Visual Style Builder
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Frank Beerens
Top achievements
Rank 1
Frank Beerens asked on 16 Oct 2012, 02:37 PM
Can we expect an office 2013 theme in Q3 or in the near future? Competitors like DevComponents do have this theme already in their control toolkits.

Best regards.

16 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Jack
Telerik team
answered on 19 Oct 2012, 11:46 AM
Hi Frank Beerens,

Thank you for this question.

We just released our Q3 2012 version and presently there is no Office 2013 theme included in RadControls for WinForms suite. We closely monitor all new technologies and products developed by Microsoft and our competitors. That is why we will consider implementing an Office 2013 like theme in near future. However, this feature is not yet scheduled and I cannot give you a strict time frame when it will be implemented.

If you have other questions, feel free to ask.

Regards,
Jack
the Telerik team
You’ve been asking for it and now it’s time for us to deliver. RadControls for WinForms Q3 2012 release is just around the corner. Sign up for a free webinar to see first all the latest enhancements.
Jesper
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 17 Jan 2013, 01:11 PM
Any updates on the Office2013 theme?
Jack
Telerik team
answered on 17 Jan 2013, 03:04 PM
Hello Toke,

We plan to present a new Windows 8 like theme in our upcoming release - Q1 2013. Office 2013 fits well in Windows 8 and looks similar. That is why we decided not to create a dedicated Office 2013 theme at this stage. We still may reconsider our decision based on customer feedback.

Kind regards,
Jack
the Telerik team
Q3'12 SP1 of RadControls for WinForms is out now. See what's new.
Dave
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Mar 2013, 01:31 PM
There is now a feature request for a silverlight theme for Office 2013, which I believe would also apply to WPF:

http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/silverlight/14444
Jack
Telerik team
answered on 05 Mar 2013, 02:50 PM
Hello Dave,

Thank you for pointing us to this PITS item. Regarding WinForms, as I mentioned in my previous post, we think that Office 2013 has a very similar user interface to the one in Windows 8. That is why we plan to create a theme based on Windows 8. Unfortunately, we were not able to include it in our Q1 2013 release.

If you have further questions, do not hesitate to ask.

All the best,
Jack
the Telerik team
WinForms Q1 2013 boasts PivotGrid, PDF Viewer, Chart enhancements and more. Join us for a FREE webinar to see all the new stuff in action.

Interested, but can’t attend? Register anyway and we’ll send you the recording.
Jesper
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 13 Mar 2013, 02:59 PM
Hi,
so what is the new status for getting the Windows8 theme?
Jack
Telerik team
answered on 14 Mar 2013, 02:39 PM
Hi Toke,

Thank you for this question. As I previously mentioned,
we did not succeed to include this theme in our Q1 2013 release. It will be included in our upcoming service pack which is planned for the second half of this month. I hope this time frame is OK for you. 

Should you have other questions, do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Jack
the Telerik team
WinForms Q1 2013 boasts PivotGrid, PDF Viewer, Chart enhancements and more. Check out all of the latest highlights.
Jesper
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 12 Apr 2013, 12:30 PM
Hi again,
I've been testing the new Windows 8 style in the latest release. First of all it's for sure much better than the Q1 2013 release...

But... I've been looking at the Office 2013 suite and there's still a long way to go for Telerik to support Office 2013 styling. I'm a little concerned about the lack of Office 2013 - you know people follow fashion and the fashion tells me to style applications like Office 2013. That's what people want and for that reason that's what we developers and designers want. At least that's how it works at my place. I actually noticed that some of your competitors like www.devcomponents.com already implemented the Office 2013 styling.

I really don't want a lot of different 3rd party controls in my software and I really like the Telerik controls but I'm in a desperate Office 2013 style situation here :)

So again the same old question: When do we get Office 2013 styling from Telerik?

I still believe in Telerik and may the light shine on your control developers :)

/Cheers
Dave
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Apr 2013, 01:16 PM
I'm with you guys -- everyone wants the latest and greatest and if you're using Office 2013 you want your app to look similar for ease of adoption.  Also users will push back and say why does your app look like it was written in 2010?  Don't let Telerik fall behind the curve here....
Brendan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Apr 2013, 09:45 PM
I think I have found a bug with the Windows8 theme.  I put a RadDropDownList on my form and set the size to 400,20.  When I run the form the size looks to be reduced to about half the width.  

As a further test, I docked the DropDown to the bottom of a groupBox and you can now see that the border is being resized, you can see the control background itself is fully docked.  Note the Default theme draws the border correctly.
Jack
Telerik team
answered on 16 Apr 2013, 01:34 PM
Hello Brendan,

I confirm the issue with the wrong size of RadDropDownListElement. The MaxSize.Width field is set to 200 pixels in Windows 8 theme. I added the issue in our issue tracking system and it will be addressed in our upcoming release. Use the following link to track its status. Your Telerik points have been updated for bringing the issue to our attention. Attached you can find the modified version of our Windows 8 theme where the issue is addressed.

Regarding the Office 2013 theme, such a theme will require adding new features in order to achieve full Office 2013 UX experience. That is why we will consider implementing it after Q2 2013. 

Should you have other questions, we will be glad to help.

Regards,
Jack
the Telerik team
WinForms Q1 2013 boasts PivotGrid, PDF Viewer, Chart enhancements and more. Check out all of the latest highlights.
Brendan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Apr 2013, 02:28 PM
Thank you
stefano
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Sep 2013, 01:17 PM
Hi,

there are any news about the state of the art concerning an Office 2013 style? We are in trouble with 2013 Q3 "metro" style since our intention is to fully customize the entire (very big and complex) application.

I will be grateful for any help you can provide
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 30 Sep 2013, 06:34 AM
Hi Stefano,

Office 2013 Light theme is on our plans for the upcoming Q3 2013 release. For more information please refer to the product road map page: http://www.telerik.com/products/winforms/whats-new/roadmap.aspx

I hope that you find this information useful.

Regards,
Stefan
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for WINFORMS.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Dave
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Nov 2013, 09:30 PM
Looks like this is now available.  Just posting to notify anyone else subscribed here who had forgotten about this.
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 25 Nov 2013, 09:04 AM
Hello Dave,

That is correct, Office2013 Light was released are part of the Q3 2013 release. And now I have even more good news - we will release the dark version of the theme with the upcoming ServicePack, so after the upgrade check the toolbox for Office2013Dark theme as well.

Regards,
Stefan
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for WINFORMS.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Tags
Themes and Visual Style Builder
Asked by
Frank Beerens
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Jack
Telerik team
Jesper
Top achievements
Rank 2