This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Office 2007 Insert Table

5 Answers 96 Views
RibbonBar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
KMBah
Top achievements
Rank 1
KMBah asked on 11 Dec 2007, 09:05 PM
Howdy,
    I'm looking for a way to mimic the Office 2007 "Insert Table" functionality. I'm looking for any way to mimic the toolbar click (the image below) and ideas on how to implement the inserting of the table into the radtextbox as well.

Thank you

http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=inserttablemy1.jpg

edit: fixed the image

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Boyko Markov
Telerik team
answered on 14 Dec 2007, 09:42 AM
Hello KMBah,

Thank you for writing. Could you give us more information about the feature request?

I wasn't able to open the image. Could you open a new support ticket and send us the image file as an attachment? I'm not sure I completely understand what you mean by "Inserting of the table into the RadTextBox". Is that a table control added as a child of RadTextBox?

I'm looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards,
Boyko Markov
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
KMBah
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Dec 2007, 09:03 PM
I fixed the url to the image. I apologize for that.
I'm interested in mimicing the Office 2007 functionality for inserting a table. A button on the toolbar (ribbonbar) when clicked drops down to show a grid of boxes that represent the size of the table in columns and rows. When the user clicks on a box (say the 3rd column over and the 3rd row down) it inserts a table into a radtextbox control that is a 3 by 3 table.
I'm really just looking for suggestions/sample code to allow users to click a button on a ribbonbar that inserts a table into a radtextbox control. I've thought about going down the RTF route, which is fine, but I'm stuck on the actual button functionality of displaying that grid of boxes... just like Word 2007.
Boyko Markov
Telerik team
answered on 17 Dec 2007, 09:30 AM
Hello KMBah,

I've prepared a simple project demonstrating how to put a table in a drop down that's popped up when you click a button. I would be very happy if you give me feedback you find it helpful in implementing the functionality you're looking for.

I'm looking forward to your reply.

Contact us again with any other questions you might have.

Best wishes,
Boyko Markov
the Telerik team

KMBah
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Dec 2007, 03:26 PM
That is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much for your help in understanding how to do this.
Boyko Markov
Telerik team
answered on 18 Dec 2007, 04:33 PM
Hello KMBah,

I'm glad to hear the sample has helped you. Please contact me again if you need any additional assistance.

Regards,
Boyko Markov
the Telerik team

Tags
RibbonBar
Asked by
KMBah
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Boyko Markov