Object reference not set to an instance of an object

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. MOONSO
    MOONSO avatar
    5 posts

Posted 01 Jun 2011 Link to this post

Error on body pane and the asssembly has built in .NET 1.1

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Telerik.JustDecompiler.Languages.AttributeWriter.ƒ(CustomAttributeArgument argument)
       at Telerik.JustDecompiler.Languages.AttributeWriter.€(CustomAttribute attribute)
       at Telerik.JustDecompiler.Languages.AttributeWriter.WriteMemberAttributesAndNewLine(IMemberDefinition member)
       at Telerik.JustDecompiler.Languages.BaseImperativeLanguageWriter.Write(IMemberDefinition member)
       at JustDecompile.CodeViewer.ViewModels.CodeViewerViewModel.(AssemblyMemberNode member, CancellationToken cancellationToken) in c:\B\Behemoth\JustDecompile Production Build\Sources\UI\JustDecompile.CodeViewer\ViewModels\CodeViewerViewModel.cs:line 102

2. Tsviatko Yovtchev
    Admin
    Tsviatko Yovtchev avatar
    408 posts

Posted 07 Jun 2011 Link to this post

Hi MOONSO,

Sorry to hear about your trouble. By the way, have you tried decompiling that same assembly with the latest version of JD (we released one on June the 3rd)? If the problem still persists there could we get a copy of the assembly you are trying to decompile?

Best wishes,
    Tsviatko Yovtchev
    the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

3. DevCraft banner
  4. MOONSO
    MOONSO avatar
    5 posts

Posted 07 Jun 2011 Link to this post

The file I was installed is JustDecompile_BETA_2011.1.516.2.msi.

I have 1 Win 2008 machine and Win 2003 virtualized machine and I found out the error is raised but a few on Win 2008 and 2003 raised on almost.

I just upgraded the Version: Beta 2011.1.603.5 on Win 2003 machine and some assemblies are working fine but others have same errors. I cannot give you the assembly cause it is company property but I can tell you it seems that the assembly contains deriving the System.EnterpriseServices. I added the error message here when I click the class the error occuring.

I could test on a similar enviroment with custom code but I go back to my work for now. I will tell you later on this.

---------------------------
    Error
    An error has occurred. Please, report this exception to the Telerik team (Use CTRL + C to copy the text). Thanks in advance!

System.AggregateException: A Task's exception(s) were not observed either by Waiting on the Task or accessing its Exception property. As a result, the unobserved exception was rethrown by the finalizer thread. ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Infrastructure.Structure.AssemblyBaseTypeNode.Ž‡(TypeReference t) in c:\B\Behemoth\JustDecompile Production Build\Sources\UI\Infrastructure\Structure\AssemblyBaseTypeNode.cs:line 42

at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()

at System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection`1.CopyFrom(IEnumerable`1 collection)

at System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)

at Infrastructure.Structure.AssemblyBaseTypeNode.GetChildNodes() in c:\B\Behemoth\JustDecompile Production Build\Sources\UI\Infrastructure\Structure\AssemblyBaseTypeNode.cs:line 39

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InvokeFuture(Object futureAsObj)

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result()

at JustDecompile.Navigation.Views.CodeTreeView.†„(Task`1 task, RadTreeViewItem treeViewItem) in c:\B\Behemoth\JustDecompile Production Build\Sources\UI\JustDecompile.Navigation\Views\CodeTreeView.xaml.cs:line 226

at JustDecompile.Navigation.Views.CodeTreeView...(Task`1 t) in c:\B\Behemoth\JustDecompile Production Build\Sources\UI\JustDecompile.Navigation\Views\CodeTreeView.xaml.cs:line 218

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.<>c__DisplayClass17.<ContinueWith>b__16(Object obj)

at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskExceptionHolder.Finalize()

---> (Inner Exception #0) System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Infrastructure.Structure.AssemblyBaseTypeNode.Ž‡(TypeReference t) in c:\B\Behemoth\JustDecompile Production Build\Sources\UI\Infrastructure\Structure\AssemblyBaseTypeNode.cs:line 42

at System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection`1.CopyFrom(IEnumerable`1 collection)

at System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)

at Infrastructure.Structure.AssemblyBaseTypeNode.GetChildNodes() in c:\B\Behemoth\JustDecompile Production Build\Sources\UI\Infrastructure\Structure\AssemblyBaseTypeNode.cs:line 39

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result()

at JustDecompile.Navigation.Views.CodeTreeView.†„(Task`1 task, RadTreeViewItem treeViewItem) in c:\B\Behemoth\JustDecompile Production Build\Sources\UI\JustDecompile.Navigation\Views\CodeTreeView.xaml.cs:line 226

at JustDecompile.Navigation.Views.CodeTreeView...(Task`1 t) in c:\B\Behemoth\JustDecompile Production Build\Sources\UI\JustDecompile.Navigation\Views\CodeTreeView.xaml.cs:line 218

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.<>c__DisplayClass17.<ContinueWith>b__16(Object obj)

---> (Inner Exception #0) System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()<---

<---

OK  

5. Kaloyan
    Admin
    Kaloyan avatar
    920 posts

Posted 13 Jun 2011 Link to this post

Hello MOONSO,

Can you reproduce the exception when using our latest update release? 

Best wishes,
    Kaloyan
    the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>