This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Object reference error after installing/upgrading to Q! 2014

1 Answer 33 Views
Map
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Rob Ainscough
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob Ainscough asked on 23 May 2014, 05:04 PM
When I open up my xaml file in VS 2012 design mode (yes Design mode), I get the following error with the RadMap control:

"Error 45 Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

I've gone thru the documentation and I can't see where and "breaking changes" were introduced in Q1 2014.  Can someone provide information about what is now "required" in the RadMap in order for it to work?

This is really annoying to see so many "breaking changes" introduce with new updates of Telerik ... I honestly don't have the time to keep dealing with this and to be frank we purchase these controls to speed up development, NOT to slow it down.

Rob

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 26 May 2014, 08:19 AM
Hello Rob,

Unfortunately we aren't able to reproduce the problem. There is not any problem with RadMap in Design time in our test Silverlight applications. Could you, please, provide us with your solution or with a small sample solution which reproduces it? This will help us understand your scenario.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,
Andrey Murzov
Telerik

Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.

Tags
Map
Asked by
Rob Ainscough
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Andrey
Telerik team
Share this question
or