This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Not able to edit the JS files

2 Answers 45 Views
AppBuilder Windows client
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Melroy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Melroy asked on 18 Nov 2014, 09:29 AM
I am trying to Christine develop sample applicationusing Icenium Graphite. How do i edit cordova.android.js or cordova.ios.js. 
I am getting File is read only and can't edit. 
Can any one sugguest me how do i edit JS files?

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Sepehr
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Nov 2014, 09:44 PM
Hi Melroy,

Perhaps you are not in a good direction. You probably never need to change the cordova files at all and instead you can add you js files and use them. It's not a good idea to change the base files in any programming frameworks.

cheers,
Kaloyan
Telerik team
answered on 20 Nov 2014, 04:20 PM
Hi Melroy,

Using AppBuilder, you cannot modify the sources of the Cordova libraries. As you have noticed, these javascript files are read-only and even if they weren't all of the changes would have been lost upon building your application in the cloud. This is so, as when you perform a build, we take the Cordova bits from the server, instead of the local ones, in order to save time during the package upload.

Further, I must agree with Sepehr and say that 3rd party library/framework files should not be changed with light hand. Instead, you can change the whole Cordova's (or any other library's) version and deploy newer bits. You can change the Cordova version from your project properties. As for other 3rd party frameworks or libraries you can use either the AppBuilder Package Manager or directly add the new files in your project navigator.

Finally, you should be able to edit any other .js file inside an AppBuilder project. For example, you can create a new Blank (JavaScript) project and see if the index.js file, under the js folder is editable. Also, just as Sepehr has noted, you should be able to add new files in order to write your code there.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Visit the Telerik Verified Plugins Marketplace and get the custom Cordova plugin you need, already tweaked to work seamlessly with AppBuilder.

Tags
AppBuilder Windows client
Asked by
Melroy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Sepehr
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kaloyan
Telerik team