Non-recurring task being displayed as recurrence

5 posts, 0 answers
  1. Matt
    Matt avatar
    66 posts
    Member since:
    Apr 2009

    Posted 13 Apr 2009 Link to this post

    Awesome software!  I'm playing around w/the trial software, just getting my feet wet.  Everything works great so far, expect for one thing.  All the tasks that I create show up w/the recurring task icon whether they have a recurrence assigned or not.  Likewise, when I click on any item the "Editing a recurring appointment" challenge box pops up.  If I select "Edit the series" the page errors out.  Obviously because there is really no recurrence assigned.  I looked in the db and the recurrence field is empty.

    Any ideas?
  2. Peter
    Admin
    Peter avatar
    6637 posts

    Posted 13 Apr 2009 Link to this post


    Thank you, Matt.

    Can you open a support ticket and send us a simple demo of the problem? This is strange and we are not sure what could be causing it.


    Regards,
    Peter
    the Telerik team

    Check out Telerik Trainer , the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. Matt
    Matt avatar
    66 posts
    Member since:
    Apr 2009

    Posted 13 Apr 2009 Link to this post

    I think I figured out what's going on.  The RecurrenceParentID field is being populated with a zero.  Is the code looking for a task with ParentID zero?  Null is not a valid entry into an int type field.  Is there a workaround for this?  Or am I doing something wrong?
  5. Dimitar Milushev
    Admin
    Dimitar Milushev avatar
    555 posts

    Posted 14 Apr 2009 Link to this post

    Hi Matt,

    The usual approach is to make the int field in the Database nullable. If this is not viable for your scenario, you can handle the AppointmentDataBound event and check if the RecurrenceParentID is 0 and set it to 'null' if it is. This should fix the problem.

    Sincerely yours,
    Dimitar Milushev
    the Telerik team

    Check out Telerik Trainer , the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  6. Matt
    Matt avatar
    66 posts
    Member since:
    Apr 2009

    Posted 14 Apr 2009 Link to this post

    Thanks for the response.  I figured it out. I was confused because the field was set to null in MSSQL.  I realized that I needed to update my linq to sql file.  Once I fixed the value there the issue was taken care of.
Back to Top
UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017