NodeExpand not firing with LoadOnDemand after website moved to another machine

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Polaris431
    Polaris431 avatar
    30 posts
    Member since:
    Jul 2007

    Posted 06 Feb 2009 Link to this post

    I use LoadOnDemand and the NodeExpand event on the server-side fires. When I move my application to my Test server, the event never gets fired. When you click on the plus sign to expand the node, there is a slight pause and then the "Loading..." message next to the node flashes very quickly. On the Test server, I re-installed the Telerik controls using the setup application and when I use the demo application that is part of the install, the NodeExpand does work there. It just doesn't work in my application. I compared my app's web.config file with the demo but couldn't see any difference, although I only compared items that began with the word "Telerik". Another thing that might be related to the problem is that the Font type for my RadMenu is not the same as the font on my development server. I don't set the font at all. I use the "Default" skin. The font on the Test server looks like Times New Roman whereas on my machine it looks more like Sans Serif. The following are some details about my setup:

    * Test server is Windows 2003
    * Telerik.Web.UI is installed in the website's bin directory on Test server and is version 2008.1.619.35

    The treeview is set as follows:

     

    <telerik:RadTreeView ID="RadTreeView1" runat="server" Width="100%" Skin="Sunset" Font-Size="12px" OnClientNodePopulationFailed="TreeviewPopulateError" OnNodeExpand="RadTreeView1_NodeExpand" OnClientNodeClicking="TreeviewClick" OnClientDoubleClick="TreeviewDoubleClick" CheckBoxes="true" OnClientNodeChecked="TreeViewCheck" PersistLoadOnDemandNodes="false" EnableViewState="false" OnClientNodeExpanding="toggleHandler" OnClientNodeCollapsing="toggleHandler" OnClientNodePopulated="OnClientNodePopulated"> 

     

    </telerik:RadTreeView

     


    Thanks for your help
    Johann
  2. Polaris431
    Polaris431 avatar
    30 posts
    Member since:
    Jul 2007

    Posted 06 Feb 2009 Link to this post

    Problem solved. The version on my machine was 2008.1.515.35. I copied that to the Test server and this fixed the problem.
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
Back to Top