This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

No Telerik Menu in VS 2017

1 Answer 534 Views
Installer and VS Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Derek
Top achievements
Rank 1
Derek asked on 18 Aug 2017, 12:57 PM

I just upgraded to the latest VS Pro 2017 15.3.0 release.

Uninstalled the old Telerik components and installed the new ones and in all.

.614 for WPF
.614 for Silverlight
.621 for Asp.Net MVC
.621 for Kendo.Ui.

I then installed the Kendo VS Extensions via Tools->Manage Extensions.

However in all my web and apps project have no Telerik menu in VS.
I tried to uninstall the extension and components and reinstall, restarted but no luck.

Not sure if the installer is getting confused with either the new VS release or 17.2 SSMS release.
Didn't see any obvious errors in the logs either...

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Momchil
Telerik team
answered on 21 Aug 2017, 11:56 AM
Hi Derek,

We don't have information about any 15.3 specific issues. It's strange though that the install through Tools -> Extensions and Updates didn't help.

There is a known issue that could occur when upgrading extensions and several Visual Studio instances are running. This results in duplicate extensions - more than one version installed and Visual Studio may not load the extension as there are several with the same ID.

You could fix this issue by using Duplicate Extension Finder tool or manually by uninstalling all versions of the duplicate extensions via the Extensions and Updates dialog in Visual Studio.

Please ensure that all previous versions of the extensions are removed and then try to install the Telerik ASP.NET MVC and WPF VSExtensions from the Extensions and Updates... tool again.

If the Telerik menu is still unavailable you could also try to install these extensions from the vsix files located in the VSExtensions subdirectory at the products install locations.

If none of these things help please add the vsixinstaller log to a .zip or .rar archive and send it to us.

Please let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Momchil
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Tags
Installer and VS Extensions
Asked by
Derek
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Momchil
Telerik team
Share this question
or