Newbie Question??

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Ramjet
    Ramjet avatar
    51 posts

Posted 03 Mar 2010 Link to this post

I don't consider myself a newbie but I am at a loss for this one.

The following does NOT display the captcha image...I've looked it over several times and can't see what I'm missing.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

telerik:RadCaptcha ID="InfoCaptcha" runat="server" ErrorMessage="The code you entered is not valid." ProtectionMode="Captcha" CaptchaImage-BackgroundColor="WhiteSmoke" CaptchaImage-LineNoise="Medium" CaptchaImage-BackgroundNoise="Medium" CaptchaImage-FontWarp="Medium" CaptchaImage-TextLength="5" CaptchaImage-TextColor="Gray" CaptchaImage-UseRandomFont="true" CaptchaImage-TextChars="LettersAndNumbers" EnableRefreshImage="true" ></telerik:RadCaptcha>

2. Pero
    Pero avatar
    1156 posts

Posted 04 Mar 2010 Link to this post

Hi John,

The CaptchaImage is served by an httpHandler that needs to be registered in the web.config file of your application. Please use RadCaptcha's smart-tag to register the handler or place the following lines in the configuration file:

<add path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" verb="*" validate="false" />
         <add name="Telerik_Web_UI_WebResource_axd" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode" path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" />

More information about the control can be found on our website:

Best wishes,
    the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
  3. DevCraft R3 2016 release webinar banner
  4. Ramjet
    Ramjet avatar
    51 posts

Posted 04 Mar 2010 Link to this post

Yes this did indeed solve the problem. I was mistaken in thinking that the background etc. would at least display without the handler.

Thank You