This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

New grid filter operators not working correctly

1 Answer 111 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Bryan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Bryan asked on 30 Mar 2016, 08:35 PM

I posted this in the JavaScript forum three days ago and have yet to get a response. Maybe someone from Telerik will pay attention if I post it here instead.

I recently created a new project with the latest Kendo code. The project has numerous grids and most of them use filter rows. I do all my grid filtering, sorting, paging, and grouping on the server side using the DataSourceRequest object that the grid passes through the grid's data source read action. I noticed that in the latest version of Kendo, there are four new filter operations: Is Null, Is Not Null, Is Empty, and Is Not Empty. Those seem like good options to have for filtering. The problem is that, in their current form, they're unusable for server side filtering. The filters in the DataSourceRequest object are not providing the critical Member property when using any of the new operations so I have no way of knowing which columns in my database the new filters should be applied to. Can you tell me if you are aware of this issue and, if so, when you will fix it? Also, is there a way to keep those operations (or any of the others for that matter) from showing up in the list of filter operators? Thanks.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rosen
Telerik team
answered on 31 Mar 2016, 06:13 AM

Hello Bryan,

We have provided an answer to your question in the other forum thread you have opened on this matter.

Regards,
Rosen
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Bryan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rosen
Telerik team
Share this question
or