This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

New export options on Telerik.Reporting Version 5.0.11.316?

8 Answers 238 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Accord Dev Team
Top achievements
Rank 1
Accord Dev Team asked on 25 Mar 2011, 10:48 PM
Hello,
I've upgraded to Telerik.Reporting, Version 5.0.11.316

Its release notes says:
Added new export formats based on Office Open XML standards available in Microsoft Office 2007 and above:
    Excel Worksheet (.xlsx)
    Word Document (.docx)
    PowerPoint Presentation (.pptx)

However, on the report viewer I do not see these new options added to the dropdown list of export options.
Do you know why this could be?

Thanks,
Horacio.-

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 28 Mar 2011, 02:50 PM
Hi Horacio,

As duly noted in the Deploying Applications using Telerik Reporting help section, the new formats (DOCX/PPTX/XLSX) require Telerik.Reporting.OpenXmlRendering.dll and Open XML SDK 2.0 for Microsoft Office (DocumentFormat.OpenXml.dll v.2.0.5022.0 or above). Your project also need to target .NET 3.5 framework or above.

Regards,
Steve
the Telerik team
Accord Dev Team
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Mar 2011, 04:35 PM
Thanks, Steve.
Deepak
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Apr 2011, 12:55 PM
Hi Steve,

Need to save file as .xlsx file in web application, I am trying to find the latest dll's as said in the blogs of these 2 below, please help to get the dlls
Telerik.Reporting.OpenXmlRendering.dll  and Telerik.Web.UI.dll.

Hope these 2 dlls will help us to remove the alert message box while we try open an .xls doc in 2011 excel.

Regards
Deepak
Accord Dev Team
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Apr 2011, 01:23 PM
Hi Deepak,

Once you have Q1 2011 installed (Version 5.0.11.316 or higher), you'll find the Telerik.Reporting.OpenXmlRendering.dll in the regular installation path: %programfiles%\Telerik\Reporting Q1 2011\Bin

Telerik.Web.UI.dll is part of the .NET Controls (not Reporting), but you don't need it for this (I think).
What you need is "DocumentFormat.OpenXml.dll v.2.0.5022.0 or above" which could be downloaded from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyId=C6E744E5-36E9-45F5-8D8C-331DF206E0D0
The small download (OpenXMLSDKv2.msi, 3.8MB) is enough. Once installed you can find the DocumentFormat.OpenXml.dll here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Open XML SDK\V2.0\lib

Best regards,
Horacio.-
Jennifer
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Sep 2012, 09:50 PM
How can I get these options to show up in the viewer in Telerik Reporting Q2 2012?  I recently upgraded a project to this version and now Word has disappeared from the Export options.  Note that I have added a reference to Telerik.Reporting.OpenXmlRendering.dll but they are still not showing up.  

Steve
Telerik team
answered on 18 Sep 2012, 01:51 PM
Hello Jennifer,

You also need DocumentFormat.OpenXml.dll v.2.0.5022.0 or above as per my last post in this thread.

All the best,
Steve
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Nauman
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Aug 2014, 09:41 AM
hello Admin,

I need to export excel in .xlsx format using defaulf behaviour. I am using Q1 2014 of telerik and also DocumentFormat.OpenXml.dll.
what i need to add in my app. config, as I am using wpf application. 

Regards,
Nauman Usmani
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 01 Sep 2014, 01:34 PM
Hello Nauman,

Please refer to my post in the following forum thread: Missing export formats.

If you have further questions, let us continue the discussion in the above linked thread.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Accord Dev Team
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Accord Dev Team
Top achievements
Rank 1