This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

New error after upgrading 2011 Q2 to Q3: IsHeaderHitTestVisible not found

6 Answers 76 Views
Window
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Brian Sayatovic
Top achievements
Rank 1
Brian Sayatovic asked on 25 Jan 2012, 10:33 PM
I've just upgraded my local project from 2011 Q2 to 2011 Q3 SP1 RadControls for Silverlight.  My previously solid app now dies as the first screen is rendering, bombing all the way out to JavaScript:

Unhandled Error in Silverlight Application 
Code: 2500    
Category: ParserError       
Message: The property 'IsHeaderHitTestVisible' was not found in type 'Telerik.Windows.Controls.RadWindow'.     
File:      
Line: 1288     
Position: 204

Did something change with regards to this property in RadWindow?  I looked through the release notes but didn't see anything -- but I'm also not sure what I'm looking for.

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Brian Sayatovic
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Jan 2012, 10:47 PM
I found we have a style trying to use TemplateBinding for the "IsHitTestVisible" property.  The docs still say this property exists, but is obsolete: http://www.telerik.com/help/silverlight/p_telerik_windows_controls_radwindow_isheaderhittestvisible.html 

However, those same docs reference version 2011.3.1020.1040 whereas I'm running 2011.3.1323.1040.  Is that 2011 Q3 vs. 2011 Q3 SP1?  And if so, does that mean this property was removed from SP1?
Konstantina
Telerik team
answered on 31 Jan 2012, 08:26 AM
Hello Brian,

This property was marked obsolete and removed in Q3 2011. The versions you are comparing is Q3 2011 beta vs. an internal build from 23th of January. All you need to do is to delete this property from the style and everything should work as expected.

Hope this information helps.

Greetings,
Konstantina
the Telerik team
Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>
Brian Sayatovic
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Jan 2012, 02:09 PM
I made that exact change (after discovering it the hard way).  Any chance of having the online docs reflect this?
Konstantina
Telerik team
answered on 02 Feb 2012, 10:09 AM
Hello Brian,

Sorry, but this article is old. It stays on the server, but since it is not in the navigation tree, it is considered as deleted. Also, if the property is marked obsolete, most certainly in the next release it will be deleted. In this case this is the beta release of Q3, so in the official version this property is deleted.
We will consider adding such option, so that the deleted properties no longer be retrieved from the search.

All the best,
Konstantina
the Telerik team
Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>
Imran Javed Zia
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Aug 2012, 12:40 PM
Hi,
Can you please let us know what is the alternative of this property?
Thanks
Konstantina
Telerik team
answered on 08 Aug 2012, 03:31 PM
Hi,

The property is not needed anymore. If you put something in the header of the RadWindow it will receive the focus without any problems.
Could you please share with us the reason why you need to use it?

Kind regards,
Konstantina
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Tags
Window
Asked by
Brian Sayatovic
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Brian Sayatovic
Top achievements
Rank 1
Konstantina
Telerik team