This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Nested RadPaneGroup Q1 2010

3 Answers 62 Views
Docking
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
shirley wang
Top achievements
Rank 1
shirley wang asked on 21 Apr 2010, 04:07 PM
Dear Telerik developer,

I have a problem with splitcontainer and radpane. My code ist here:

<UserControl 
    xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"  
    xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"  
    xmlns:telerikDocking="clr-namespace:Telerik.Windows.Controls;assembly=Telerik.Windows.Controls.Docking" 
    xmlns:telerik="clr-namespace:Telerik.Windows.Controls;assembly=Telerik.Windows.Controls" 
    xmlns:dock="clr-namespace:Telerik.Windows.Controls.Docking;assembly=Telerik.Windows.Controls.Docking" 
    xmlns:d="http://schemas.microsoft.com/expression/blend/2008" xmlns:mc="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/markup-compatibility/2006" 
    mc:Ignorable="d" 
    x:Class="SampleSplitContainer.MainPage"
    <Grid x:Name="LayoutRoot" Background="White"
        <telerikDocking:RadDocking x:Name="MainDocking"
            <telerikDocking:RadDocking.DocumentHost> 
                <telerikDocking:RadSplitContainer> 
                    <telerikDocking:RadPaneGroup> 
                        <telerikDocking:RadDocumentPane Header="PaneB"
                            <telerikDocking:RadSplitContainer Orientation="Horizontal" InitialPosition="DockedBottom"
                                <telerikDocking:RadPaneGroup telerikDocking:ProportionalStackPanel.RelativeSize="100, 100"
                                    <telerikDocking:RadPane Header="PaneB1"></telerikDocking:RadPane> 
                                </telerikDocking:RadPaneGroup> 
                                <telerikDocking:RadPaneGroup telerikDocking:ProportionalStackPanel.RelativeSize="100, 100"
                                    <telerikDocking:RadPane Header="PaneB2"></telerikDocking:RadPane> 
                            </telerikDocking:RadSplitContainer> 
                        </telerikDocking:RadDocumentPane> 
            </telerikDocking:RadDocking.DocumentHost> 
            <telerikDocking:RadSplitContainer Orientation="Horizontal" InitialPosition="DockedTop"
                    <telerikDocking:RadPane Header="PaneA">  
                    </telerikDocking:RadPane> 
        </telerikDocking:RadDocking> 
    </Grid> 
</UserControl> 

With this code i get a paneA on the top and a paneB on the bottom. There are two pane: paneB1 and paneB2 in paneB. What
i want to do now is to put paneA next to the paneB. Just like the situation in the following foto. But it is impossible because of the existence of paneB1 and PaneB2. Could you tell me the way to solve this problem?

Thank you

Shirley Wang

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Miroslav Nedyalkov
Telerik team
answered on 23 Apr 2010, 05:26 PM
Hello Shirley,

If you just need to show PaneA and PaneB next to each other you could use the following XAML:

<telerikDocking:RadDocking x:Name="MainDocking">
            <telerikDocking:RadDocking.DocumentHost>
                <telerikDocking:RadSplitContainer>
                        <telerikDocking:RadDocumentPane Header="PaneB">
                            <telerikDocking:RadSplitContainer Orientation="Horizontal" InitialPosition="DockedBottom">
                                <telerikDocking:RadPaneGroup telerikDocking:ProportionalStackPanel.RelativeSize="100, 100">
                                    <telerikDocking:RadPane Header="PaneB1"></telerikDocking:RadPane>
                                <telerikDocking:RadPaneGroup telerikDocking:ProportionalStackPanel.RelativeSize="100, 100">
                                    <telerikDocking:RadPane Header="PaneB2"></telerikDocking:RadPane>
                        </telerikDocking:RadDocumentPane>
            </telerikDocking:RadDocking.DocumentHost>
            <telerikDocking:RadSplitContainer Orientation="Horizontal" InitialPosition="DockedTop">
                    <telerikDocking:RadPane Header="PaneA"
                    </telerikDocking:RadPane>
        </telerikDocking:RadDocking>

If this is not what you need, please give us some more details about your requirement. If you could provide a screenshot of what you need this would help us a lot.

All the best,
Miroslav Nedyalkov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
shirley wang
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Apr 2010, 03:24 PM
Dear Miroslav,

Thank you for you answer. But it is not what i really need. I want to put the pane A next to pane B in runtime.  It is impossible because of the existence of PaneB1 and PaneB2. I mean when i drag Pane A down, i can not really find the compass of Pane B. What i can find are the compasses of PaneB1 and PaneB2. What i can do is to put PaneA IN Pane B, but not NEXT to PaneB.

yours sincerely
Shirley
Miroslav Nedyalkov
Telerik team
answered on 27 Apr 2010, 01:06 PM
Hi Shirley,

In your example it looks like PaneB1 and PaneB2 are inside PaneB and this scenario is not really supported by the Docking control. This means that there are unresolved problems like the one you hit. What I could suggest you is to not place a group with panes inside PaneB, but a simple TabControl. This way it will not have Compass and such issue will not appear.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Miroslav Nedyalkov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
Docking
Asked by
shirley wang
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Miroslav Nedyalkov
Telerik team
shirley wang
Top achievements
Rank 1