This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Need help configuring RAD Editor in MOSS 2007

5 Answers 112 Views
WebParts for SharePoint
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Wendy Chua
Top achievements
Rank 1
Wendy Chua asked on 12 Jul 2008, 09:22 AM
Hi,
I am using the latest version of Telerik RAD Editor. It's working fine but I need to customize the following things:

First I want to change the appearance by modifying the width and toolbar sets. I tried to do this by altering TelerikRadEditorHtml.ascx and TelerikRadEditorText.ascx.

Apparently, Telerik provides two different controls for working with HTML field and List field. For the RadHtmlField inside TelerikRadEditorHtml.ascx, I added the property ToolsFile and Width, and it behaved exactly like I wanted.

I tried to add the same properties to RadTextField inside TelerikRadEditorText.ascx, but it ignored the properties. I observed there is a FontSizeCoef property, but I wanted to set exactly the width and height. Also the ToolsFile property I couldn't make it work.

Is there anyway to work around this?

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Wendy Chua
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Jul 2008, 08:44 AM
*bump*
damien
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Jul 2008, 08:49 AM
Hi Wendy,

From  my understanding this is all controlled by an XML file in my instance it is located in 
web server extensions\wpresources\RadEditorSharePoint\4.5.0.0__1f131a624888eeed\RadControls\Editor

ConfigFile.xml

Regards

Damien
George
Telerik team
answered on 15 Jul 2008, 09:52 AM
Hi Wendy,

I answered your other support ticket. For convenience I pasted my answer bellow:

You can set all the properties you want in the ConfigFile.xml or ListConfigFile.xml, this depends on your exact scenario. For more information please review the following help article: http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/set-properties-via-config-file.html
e.g.
<property name="Width">"500px"</property>
<property name="Height">"400px"</property>

As to the tools modification, you can Add/Remove tools from the toolbar using the ToolsFile.xml (ListToolsFile.xml) - http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/removing-tools-from-toolbar.html

I hope this helps.

Regards,
George
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Wendy Chua
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Jul 2008, 09:12 AM
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
Actually I've done the same thing before. But since I modified a default config file, can you confirm whether future updates from Telerik will overwrite the config file?
George
Telerik team
answered on 16 Jul 2008, 01:00 PM
Hi Wendy,

You will need to back up your custom settings(ToolsFiles, ConfigFiles) before upgrading or uninstalling the control, because all the customizations will be lost. After you have installed the new version of the control, just replace the new files with your old ones and all the customizations will be applied.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
George
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Tags
WebParts for SharePoint
Asked by
Wendy Chua
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by