1. You can customize the header template of the TreeListTemplateColumn
only. Footers are not currently available .
2. Column freezing is not currently supported.
3. RadTreeList supports simple and advanced databinding
on the server, if that is what you meant. Client-side databinding is not supported.
4. The ASP.NET AJAX and WPF TreeList controls are 2 separate products and you can expect differences in functionality and behavior.
5. We do not currently have a readily available comparison sheet for the 2 controls, but, having in mind the completely different scope of the 2 products, you can expect to find more differences than similarities between the 2. Currently, RadTreeList offers server-side databinding similar to RadGrid, sorting and paging APIs in similarity to RadGrid. No other RadGrid-provided functionality is available to RadTreeList. Reciprocally, RadTreeList currently has the ExpandToLevel and ExpandAll / CollapseAll server APIs that RadGrid's hierarchy functionality lacks.
You can let us know of any further inquiries you may have regarding this comparison.
the Telerik team