This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

NativeScrolling broken with new Chrome 38.0.2125.102

11 Answers 88 Views
ListView (Mobile)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
BeOne Stuttgart
Top achievements
Rank 1
BeOne Stuttgart asked on 10 Oct 2014, 09:15 AM
With the new chrome version released yesterday the native scrolling only works after the first load of the page. After switching views the scrolling completly stops working. Any one having the same issue? We are using the latest 2014 kendo update release on 08.10.!

11 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Petyo
Telerik team
answered on 10 Oct 2014, 11:35 AM
Hi,

Which native scrolling mode do you refer to - the mobile application level or the view level? As far as I tested, our demos work as expected (the mobile forms view uses native scrolling).

Regards,
Petyo
Telerik

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!

BeOne Stuttgart
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Oct 2014, 01:53 PM
We only use native scrolling on view level, because on application level we encountered a scroll position problem on first load, where the header overlays the listview. Therefore we only use it on view level.The problem occures when switch from one view with only one bound listview to a view with some description labels on top and a bound list on the bottom. After the transition scrolling stops working on the new chrome version. With the old chrome version or with deactivated native scrolling it´s working again. I will try to make a dojo on monday!
BeOne Stuttgart
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Oct 2014, 07:13 PM
Unfortunatly I was not able to show our problem within a dojo. Because of that I tried to dig a little bit deeper within our project and found a workaround in disabling the slide view transition. With the default transition it works as it should. It´s also working when I switch the user agent to e.g. iOS even on an Android device running chrome. 
BeOne Stuttgart
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Oct 2014, 04:57 AM
I found a way to demonstrate you the problem! It was not working within a dojo, because it only works with remote views! ;-)

I created a very simple sample application to show you the effect I described.

You have to use Chrome (in my case 38.0.2125.101 on my windows desktop machine) and activate the developer tools. Then emulate e.g. a NEXUS 4. (or use a android device with the current chrome app installed)

Open the overview.html, select a detail and go back to the overview. There is also a display problem with the detail arrow, but the main problem is the broken scrolling.

Petyo
Telerik team
answered on 14 Oct 2014, 10:17 AM
Hello,

I tried to reproduce the problem on my side, to no avail. Please check the recorded video. Chrome is the same version. 

Regards,
Petyo
Telerik

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!

BeOne Stuttgart
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Oct 2014, 10:59 AM
I tried to attach you a recorded demo of my pc, but the attachment size is to big. Have you tried it on a android phone?
BeOne Stuttgart
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Oct 2014, 04:57 PM
At the moment we had to deactivate all view transitions, because every time we use a slide or fade, it stops working after the reverse transition.
BeOne Stuttgart
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Oct 2014, 05:24 PM
I tested it on my private MAC with the current chrome version and it works! It´s not working on chrome for windows AND an android! ;-)
Petyo
Telerik team
answered on 17 Oct 2014, 08:16 AM
Hello,

thank you for the details - I managed to reproduce the issue on a windows machine. It definitely seems like a glitch which will be resolved soon. I will look for a bug, most likely already filed. 

Meanwhile, I managed to workaround the issue using the following approach - 

<script>
      function fixScrolling(e) {
          var content = e.view.content;
          content.css("overflow", "hidden");
          setTimeout(function() {
              content.css("overflow", "auto");
          }, 10);

}
  </script>
</head>

<body>

<div data-role="view"
     id="monthlyHoursView"
     data-use-native-scrolling="true" data-after-show="fixScrolling">

Regards,
Petyo
Telerik

BeOne Stuttgart
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Oct 2014, 11:51 AM
Thank you for the workaround! Works perfectly! :-)

How do we know when the bug is fixed?
Petyo
Telerik team
answered on 22 Oct 2014, 02:36 PM
Hi,

we are going to revisit this issue when the next major version of Chrome comes up, and see if it is addressed. 

Regards,
Petyo
Telerik

Tags
ListView (Mobile)
Asked by
BeOne Stuttgart
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Petyo
Telerik team
BeOne Stuttgart
Top achievements
Rank 1