Multiple Upload problems

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Ludovic Gerbault
    Ludovic Gerbault avatar
    226 posts
    Member since:
    Apr 2009

    Posted 05 Aug 2009 Link to this post

    Hello,

    After several times trying to implement a RadUpload Control as my main upload module (multiple uploads, directory creation, renaming, database insertions...), I finally got everything working as expected (thanks to the telerik team).

    Though I still get an error whilst uploading multiple files.

    Here's what happened:

    When I try to upload one or two files, everything works fine, my image goes where I expect.

    I tried then to upload 200 pictures at once (sizes between 50 and 300Kb). Most of them got uploaded normally, and I checked in my database that every file was uploaded (the code for database treatment is in the radUploadHandler.ashx)
    But during the download, some of the files got corrupted (I see only half of the image for instance), and the RadUpload control displays the following message : Handler not found or execution of the handler failed!

    I know the handler was found since most of the files got uploaded correctly.

    My question is then, does the RadUpload control has some issues concerning large number of files, or do I have something in my code that can cause this "random" error ?
  2. Ludovic Gerbault
    Ludovic Gerbault avatar
    226 posts
    Member since:
    Apr 2009

    Posted 05 Aug 2009 Link to this post

    More info

    I've tried uploading 10 files, then 5.

    I got 2 and a half out of ten and 1 out of five correctly uploaded.

    Ludovic
  3. DevCraft banner
  4. Ludovic Gerbault
    Ludovic Gerbault avatar
    226 posts
    Member since:
    Apr 2009

    Posted 05 Aug 2009 Link to this post

    One last thing.

    I guess all the radControl are designed for english language.
    I'm french, and the Upload module I'm building is intented for french users as well.

    During my tests, I've used an image which file name contains charcters like é, è, à, ê, which don't exists in the english language.

    Even thought the radControl process them well, the output file has it's name converted into something like "è"

    I supposed it's related to the charset used by the control. Is there any way to work around this problem ?
    Changing the default charset for instance ?
  5. Ivan
    Admin
    Ivan avatar
    519 posts

    Posted 05 Aug 2009 Link to this post

    Hi Subileau,

    Thank you for contacting us.

    This corrupted files issue sounds very strange. As this is the first time we encountered such a problem we would like to investigate it. As a possible reason we suspected omitting of the last chunk of uploaded file. Please check this one and if you find everything OK you can send us the code where you save uploaded files. If you want you can you can open a separate support ticket (in forum ticket you can not attach files) in order to attach the example files.

    About the french specific letters inside the file name.
    I have logged immediately your report and our team will research on it.

    Regards,
    Ivan
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Back to Top