This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

multiple Cursor Issues - with rad editor

1 Answer 88 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jayesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jayesh asked on 12 Aug 2016, 06:33 AM

I have seen few threads discussing about cursor but none of them are including all these 3 issues. So opening a new thread.

we are using Telerik 2014.2.724.45. I know there are latest versions available. Since our application is already has gone live, we cannot upgrade the version now. So please suggest any hotfix available.

We are facing cursor issue in multiple scenarios.
     1) when some special characters are copy pasted, like ' ' , '\r' or 'char(10)', on editing or deleting cursor moves to some different position.
          we have provided the fix which is mentioned below but still users has reopened this issue. so can you please suggest anything else has to be taken care?
          we have added OnClientPasteHtml="RemoveHtmlContents"
          function RemoveHtmlContents(editor, args) {
                 var pasteText = args.get_value();
                 if (pasteText.indexOf(" ") > -1) {
                         pasteText = pasteText.replace(/ /g, '');
                 }
                 if (pasteText.indexOf("&") > -1) {
                        pasteText = pasteText.replace(/&/g, '&');
                 }
                 pasteText = pasteText.replace(/\r\n|\n|\r/g, ' ');
                args.set_value(pasteText);
          }

2) When track changes are enabled and on pressing enter some time cursor moves back to previous line but on typing it will come to next line
I have found this issue for different version here -  http://feedback.telerik.com/project/108/Feedback/Details/134999-incorrect-behavior-when-pressing-enter-with-enabled-track-changes  will this fix this issue?

3) When started editing after enabling track changes. In between if I come back and edit at position a it goes back position b, (a & b are shown in the image attached.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 15 Aug 2016, 10:28 AM

Hello Jayesh,

Let me start with a few important notes:

• Bug fixes are introduced in the first official release of the product after the fix is implemented by the development team.
  • To get a bug fix, you should upgrade your project to a release equal to or newer than the first release that contains the fix.
  • Workarounds for old versions may not be possible.
  • We constantly improve our controls, not only in terms of fixing bugs, but we also improve user experience and developer experience. Thus, my advise is to keep your application up to date to the newest version possible.

As for the issues you face—I advise testing our demos to see if there is an issue with it: http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/editor/examples/trackchanges/defaultcs.aspx. If you can reproduce problems there, I advise you share the steps so we can look into the case. If things work fine, you should upgrade to the latest version.

I must also note that char(10) or \n or \r are not valid line breaks in HTML, so pasting them should not be expected to result in a line break.

On the Enter issue you have found—this is already fixed as of Q3 2014 (the next major release after yours). I have updated the public page to include this information. As for the workaround—it should help and you should try it. Otherwise, you would need to upgrade to the latest version.

The final issue you report is not known and I was not able to reproduce a problem with the live demo I linked above. Thus, if such a bug has existed in the 2014 version, it has already been fixed through some of the improvements we have done in the Track Changes functionality.

Regards,

Marin Bratanov
Telerik by Progress
Do you need help with upgrading your ASP.NET AJAX, WPF or WinForms projects? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
Tags
Editor
Asked by
Jayesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
Share this question
or