This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

MS SQL Server 2008 DateTime2 support

8 Answers 108 Views
Databases and Data Types
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
ie
Top achievements
Rank 1
ie asked on 03 Jun 2010, 10:04 PM
Hey guys,

Currently, the DateTime2 is mapped as a string. Such mapping results to DataStoreException. I found a similar thread. I'm using the build 2010.1.527.2. Is it Q1 2010?

Thank,
Ivan.

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Thomas
Telerik team
answered on 04 Jun 2010, 08:22 AM
Hello ie,

at the moment, this type is not yet supported. We are currently working on improving type handling, but it won't be available until Q2.

Best regards,
Thomas
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Mika Jacobi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Jun 2010, 02:04 PM
Hi !
How is it possible to automatically force the mapping into "datetime" rather than "string" in the meanwhile (Q2) ?
(by editing default mapping or a config file somewhere, rather that fetching manually each field with this type to change it)

ThanX
Thomas
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jun 2010, 08:44 AM
Hello Mika Jacobi,

that should be possible by specifying
<field name="myFieldName">
    <extension key="db-column">
        <extension key="db-type" value="DATE"/>
        <extension key="db-sql-type" value="DATETIME2"/>
    </extension>
</field>

We are currently working on making these types supported, and very likely you will not need to specify
the db-type in the future.

All the best,
Thomas
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Thomas
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jun 2010, 08:45 AM
Hello Mika Jacobi,

I was a bit quick to hit the send button: These settings have to be made in the app.config file under the respective class element.

Greetings,
Thomas
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Pål
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Sep 2010, 07:21 AM
Hi.

I tried this manual mapping and the database creates a datetim2 field, but inserting anything before 1753 into SQL server throws an exception. Seems like there is a check before the insert to prevent this.

Am I doing it wrong? Is support for this built in to the latest version?

Thanks

Pål
Thomas
Telerik team
answered on 16 Sep 2010, 05:20 PM
Hello Pål,

yes, seems like a bug. However, I've just verified this will work out of the box with the next release, which contains a better framework to deal with such altered types. Thanks for reporting this issue!

Greetings,
Thomas
the Telerik team
Steve A
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Oct 2010, 08:38 PM
Dear Telerik,

This DateTime2 problem is very serious. Do you have a realistic timeline for the "Next Version"

Thanks
Alexander
Telerik team
answered on 18 Oct 2010, 01:30 PM
Hello Steve A,

The Q3 2010 release is scheduled for the middle of November.

Greetings,
Alexander
the Telerik team
Tags
Databases and Data Types
Asked by
ie
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Thomas
Telerik team
Mika Jacobi
Top achievements
Rank 1