Month View uses another cultureinfo

4 posts, 1 answers
  1. Eastern
    Eastern avatar
    43 posts
    Member since:
    Sep 2010

    Posted 09 Nov 2010 Link to this post

    hello,

    i am using 2010 Q2 controls , in the scheduler i changed the default Cultureinfo to another culture , but the Month view is using the old (system default) culture.

    how can i solve this issue ?
  2. Richard Slade
    Richard Slade avatar
    3000 posts
    Member since:
    May 2009

    Posted 09 Nov 2010 Link to this post

    hi Eastern,

    Is it the Persian culture again you are looking to set? To be honest, i'm not sure what it should look like when put into Persian culture. I have attached a screenshot of my RadScheduler in MonthView with the Persian culture set so you can compare.

    hope that helps
    Richard
  3. UI for WinForms is Visual Studio 2017 Ready
  4. Eastern
    Eastern avatar
    43 posts
    Member since:
    Sep 2010

    Posted 09 Nov 2010 Link to this post

    yes,

    let me explain something , Persian Culture that comes with .Net framework does not have Persian Calendar into it(and microsoft accepted that this is a bug since .net 2.0 but dont want to solve it). so there is a workaround for sticking the Persian Calendar to the Persian Culture through the Reflection techniques.

    now i have a Persian Cultureinfo that have persian calendare and works perfectly in all situations.
    i set it to the Culture of radschedulder and it works perfectly in Day and Weekly views.
    but in the month view the control works with Windows default culture and does not use what i assigned to Culture property. ( i believe that my persianCulture is complete and works well in all situations, and if control use it , it works like other normal cultures)
  5. Answer
    Richard Slade
    Richard Slade avatar
    3000 posts
    Member since:
    May 2009

    Posted 09 Nov 2010 Link to this post

    Hello Eastern,

    Thanks for the information. I guess oyu're taking this from the Code Project article.

    I'm a little unsure as to the solution you're looking for other than saying that the example that I showed simply had the scheduler set to MonthView and the Culture set to persian.

    If this doesn't help, please post your code and I will try to help
    Thanks
    Richard
Back to Top