This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Mono Support

5 Answers 189 Views
Ajax
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Luciano
Top achievements
Rank 1
Luciano asked on 06 Jan 2012, 12:38 AM
Hi, how is the current support for mono platform of the asp.net àjax web controls? Are currently supported? Which version should i use? What version should i use? The one for 2.0 framework?

Thanks    

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Richard
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Jan 2012, 05:02 PM
Luciano:

The Overview documentation page in the "Integrating RadControls in Mono" folder details Telerik's current support for Mono development.

Hope this helps!
Carlitos
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Apr 2016, 06:42 PM

Hi, 

It's now 2016! Would like to know what is supported in Mono. I am interested in web only. I think Mono for the wincontrols will never happen but have hi hope for the web controls. Please advice.

Thanks, 

Carlos

Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
answered on 13 Apr 2016, 07:14 AM
Hello Carlitos,

Currently we do not officially support and test our RadControls for ASP.Net AJAX on non-Microsoft Platforms. Therefore we do not rpovide support for Mono. Excuse us for any inconvenience this may lead.

Kind regards,
Maria Ilieva
the Telerik team

If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now

Carlitos
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Aug 2016, 02:14 PM

Hi 

I just realized that Xamarin and Mono are now part of Microsoft according to this: http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/welcoming-the-xamarin-team-to-microsoft

Any news on what Telerik will be doing towards Mono?

Thanks,

Carlitos

Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 03 Aug 2016, 06:11 AM
Hello Carlitos,

Thank you for your interesting question.

For cross platform .NET development we support ASP.NET Core with Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC.
For Xamarin, we offer Telerik UI for Xamarin.

For the time being we do not plan to support Mono through an UI components suite.

Kind regards,
Rumen
Telerik by Progress
Do you need help with upgrading your ASP.NET AJAX, WPF or WinForms projects? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
Tags
Ajax
Asked by
Luciano
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Richard
Top achievements
Rank 1
Carlitos
Top achievements